Facebook And Internet Trolls

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the past two weeks or so, I have been subjected to threats of violence against my person. I am not worried about that, heard all the profanity and threats before, but I don't like Trolls. Just wondering if Facebook policy is more than just banning them via IP and email addresses? Also, have you peeps had any issues and did you manage to get it stopped? I blocked the Troll, but he managed to get in to my profile even though not being a friend.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I don't think FB does anything past the ban unless required to by court order, although some people have found themselves banned for benign things.

If the threat are credible, enough start a paper trail with the police. somebody that weird might become unhinged.

Unless you depend on FB for news from family or important social groups, it sucks left butt cheek and the more I hear the more I wish I could just drop it.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think FB does anything past the ban unless required to by court order, although some people have found themselves banned for benign things.

If the threat are credible, enough start a paper trail with the police. somebody that weird might become unhinged.

Unless you depend on FB for news from family or important social groups, it sucks left butt cheek and the more I hear the more I wish I could just drop it.

Everything appears to have quietened down now. I wish I could drop Facebook, have tried a few times already, but is for the Sister and what not. We terrible with using the phone :D I guess the best way to deal with these type of morons is to call their bluff. I invited him to visit or phone (through work) and have a chat. The offer was scoffed at.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check your privacy settings, you must have them too open
Sent from my Windows Phone using Tapatalk

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Privacy settings and blocking people keeps my page nice and calm....

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
When you open your window, both butterfly and bugs will fly in. You can't have choice. This is why I haven't spent too much time in it. If I don't know who I'm talking to, it's very difficult for me to get serious. So to ignore unfriendly comments is the simple solution. If you don't feed the troll, the troll will go away.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you are all right. I know that this sounds somewhat cliched, but I am of the old school where if you have a problem, air it face to face. Okay so that would probably be deemed a little provocative, but having someone threaten to come to your place of work, or come to your front door to do unmentionables after announcing them-self as a maniac gangster, I found quite annoying. The really stupid thing about the whole incident was that it was over nothing. I just happened to disagree with his assessment of our old school (through a closed group) which I disagreed with. So yeah, just another 15 minute keyboard warrior getting off on trying to be a bully. That probably peeved me of the most.