Every day carry self defense weapon

OP
B

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
IMHO after 9mm you don’t see enough of a difference until you get to .45 cal.

But I might be a little bias to the .45 cal.
I try to stay away from guns as anger is a thing that makes you do things that you will never do, and lets say an attacker only has a knife and lets say you will be ale to defend your self with out a gun, but if you have a gun one will use that force which might not be required. so i say carry something that is some thing that is good for defense but not unnecessarily lethal. i am thinking of these https://www.amazon.com/Tonife-Fixed...667651&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=neck+knife&psc=1

or

Buy Tactical At Devils Door Boot Knife Online at Lowest Price what do you think? agree with my theory?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I try to stay away from guns as anger is a thing that makes you do things that you will never do,

If anger is such an uncontrollable issue for you, then you probably shouldn't carry any weapon. You should work on anger management first.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I try to stay away from guns as anger is a thing that makes you do things that you will never do, and lets say an attacker only has a knife and lets say you will be ale to defend your self with out a gun, but if you have a gun one will use that force which might not be required. so i say carry something that is some thing that is good for defense but not unnecessarily lethal. i am thinking of these https://www.amazon.com/Tonife-Fixed...667651&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=neck+knife&psc=1

or

Buy Tactical At Devils Door Boot Knife Online at Lowest Price what do you think? agree with my theory?

You think a knife is less lethal than a gun at close quarters with anger involved?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

or

Guns and knives are both primarily lethal-force weapons. In theory, both can be used with less-than-lethal intent, but in practice they are both highly dangerous weapons.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score

or

If an attacker is armed with a knife.....I want my gun......and if I have it, I'm gonna smoke him. No need in taking a chance of losing a knife fight.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If an attacker is armed with a knife.....I want my gun......and if I have it, I'm gonna smoke him. No need in taking a chance of losing a knife fight.

Fair is for sparring. Not fighting.

OP
B

Billy02

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I dont have anger issues, i am trying to discuss it in a general manner, like people can have, and lets you YOU never got angry in your life, see this is what i am saying the anger moment can come on any of us any time.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I dont have anger issues, i am trying to discuss it in a general manner, like people can have, and lets you YOU never got angry in your life, see this is what i am saying the anger moment can come on any of us any time.

Then why would concern over anger stop you from carrying a gun?

Deafdude#5

Green Belt
Reaction score

or

The 1st thing to assess is the laws in your local area regarding self defense. Most jurisdictions have very specific wording as to what is regarded as lethal and what is legal.
If you feel that guns are something you cannot use safely then you need to consult a reputable self defense trainer to help you review your self imposed limitations and choose the best options accordingly.

Latest Discussions