Ever lost a fight?

NinjaBurr

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I haven't gotten into a street fight or a Spar match yet, but I'm sure if I lost I would try to not let it eat at my ego, and try to act better for the next time something like that happens.

As for the "being tougher then you think approach", I kinda wish sometimes someone would fight me in order for me to find out I'm not the toughest thing alive, usually everyone thinks it until they are beat, which is normal but I want it to happen soon so I can realize it faster and train harder for victory :p.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've lost fights. Some of them weren't serious. Some were, and thirty years later one particular Bad Day has still left its mark. You pick yourself up, thank G-d that you were lucky enough to survive and figure out how to avoid having it happen again. That's how you live and learn. Or you don't live long.

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've lost fights. Some of them weren't serious. Some were, and thirty years later one particular Bad Day has still left its mark. You pick yourself up, thank G-d that you were lucky enough to survive and figure out how to avoid having it happen again. That's how you live and learn. Or you don't live long.
Similar story. One incident 20 years ago, let my ego run wild and stepped into the middle of a young man (early 20s) using his fists on a girl. Being in an isolated spot, I thought there was a good chance he'd kill her. So far, so good. But instead of driving to the nearest pay phone (before cell phones), I stopped and underestimated this much smaller man. His chemically-enhanced body propelled his cutting-ring adorned fists to my face so fast I didn't have time to blink (and I understand that only takes 1/200th of a second, so there you go). When he finally told me I could go (yes, he could have killed me in place of the girl, who was now long gone), I had to steer with my arms since both wrists were broken, and every time I breathed out, sprayed blood all over my dashboard (never did get it out of all the cracks). Stupid, stupid, stupid.

As tellner said and INDYFIGHTER has so honestly and forthrightly shared, live and learn; and maybe, learn if you want to live. :uhyeah:

megat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
not losing per se , just that i ran alot after the initial contact. usually i just try to take on the one that blocking the escape route, after that just run. works so far.

Brandon Fisher

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No thank god!! Of course the situations I have been in have been very threatening and I would not allow myself to be seriously injured or killed.