EUREKA!!! I found it

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
YES!!! :bangahead: :headbangin: :bangahead: :headbangin:

I JUST found this and I am rather excited about it. This is my Sifu’s Sifu and my flavor of the Yang style long form in PDF format.
This is just soooo cool... or at least I think so :highfive:

Tung Ying Jie

Same link just incase the above does not work
http://www.taichiclub.com/Download/Red_Book_by_David_Parker.pdf

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes Xue, That's excellent. The main differences I see between Tung and the likes of Fu Zhong Wen or Yang Zhen Ji is the high stepping and the bend at the waist. And it is interesting that his form is more like that of Yang Shou Zhong than that of the other Yang brothers. Was there a connection between Shou Zhong and Tung?

Very best wishes

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That is indeed very VERY cool Xue. Happy for you that you found it.
Things like that need to be preserved for historical reasons and for future generations to learn from.
That rocks!

:asian:

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice find Xue! It is really cool what is out there if only you look.
icon6.gif

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes Xue, That's excellent. The main differences I see between Tung and the likes of Fu Zhong Wen or Yang Zhen Ji is the high stepping and the bend at the waist. And it is interesting that his form is more like that of Yang Shou Zhong than that of the other Yang brothers. Was there a connection between Shou Zhong and Tung?

Very best wishes

Yup, Yang Chengfu had Tung Ying Jie assist him in the training of Yang Shou Zhong. Although not Yang family Tung Ying Jie was senior to Yang Shou Zhong in years as a student of Yang Chengfu.

Also in later years thier schools were rather close in proximity

kidswarrior

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congrats X S. Was going to comment until I read the whole thread and realized I know nothing about the subject. But it's a great find. Happy for ya'. :bangahead:

TaiChiTJ

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I believe there is a major interview in this months Tai Chi magazine, concerning Dung family style. The photos are quite clear. good find!

Dronak

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
I've found a few different taichi forms on the web before, but I don't think I've come across this one before. It should be interesting to look at and compare to what I've learned. Thanks for the info and link.

Latest Discussions