English Longbow

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
no, but i know a good bowyer who makes excellent recurve and straight bows, tho I don't think his straight bows could be considered the same as an English Longbow. But he will make them to whatever poundage you want, I ordered a very nice recurve, it pulls at almost 80#.

Check out his website, www.saxonarchery.com.

does hit have to be English Longbow?

OP
David Weatherly

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
no, but i know a good bowyer who makes excellent recurve and straight bows, tho I don't think his straight bows could be considered the same as an English Longbow. But he will make them to whatever poundage you want, I ordered a very nice recurve, it pulls at almost 80#.

Check out his website, www.saxonarchery.com.

does hit have to be English Longbow?

I have several bows already, so yes, I pretty set now on an English Longbow.
Thanks for the link, I'll check him out.
David

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks!
Do you have a longbow yourself?

David

No, no time but I do live just down the road from the home of the oldest archery competitions in the world and there's a great deal of interest around here. Confusingly as happens in Yorkshire it's held in different places every year though!
http://www.scortonarrow.com/

OP
David Weatherly

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
No, no time but I do live just down the road from the home of the oldest archery competitions in the world and there's a great deal of interest around here. Confusingly as happens in Yorkshire it's held in different places every year though!
http://www.scortonarrow.com/

Very cool, I'd like to catch that on one of my visits over there.

David

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Cheers to Tez for posting up that information :tup:. David, just to clarify, I only asked whether you preferred an English or an American bowyer because of shipping charges et at.

OP
David Weatherly

David Weatherly

Black Belt
Reaction score
Cheers to Tez for posting up that information :tup:. David, just to clarify, I only asked whether you preferred an English or an American bowyer because of shipping charges et at.

Thanks. A decent bow is an investment so if I need to have it shipped from overseas to get what I want then I don't mind the additional cost.

Cheers,

David

Latest Discussions