English Longbow

no, but i know a good bowyer who makes excellent recurve and straight bows, tho I don't think his straight bows could be considered the same as an English Longbow. But he will make them to whatever poundage you want, I ordered a very nice recurve, it pulls at almost 80#.

Check out his website, www.saxonarchery.com.

does hit have to be English Longbow?

no, but i know a good bowyer who makes excellent recurve and straight bows, tho I don't think his straight bows could be considered the same as an English Longbow. But he will make them to whatever poundage you want, I ordered a very nice recurve, it pulls at almost 80#.

Check out his website, www.saxonarchery.com.

does hit have to be English Longbow?

I have several bows already, so yes, I pretty set now on an English Longbow.
Thanks for the link, I'll check him out.
David

Thanks!
Do you have a longbow yourself?

David

No, no time but I do live just down the road from the home of the oldest archery competitions in the world and there's a great deal of interest around here. Confusingly as happens in Yorkshire it's held in different places every year though!
http://www.scortonarrow.com/

No, no time but I do live just down the road from the home of the oldest archery competitions in the world and there's a great deal of interest around here. Confusingly as happens in Yorkshire it's held in different places every year though!
http://www.scortonarrow.com/

Very cool, I'd like to catch that on one of my visits over there.

David

Cheers to Tez for posting up that information :tup:. David, just to clarify, I only asked whether you preferred an English or an American bowyer because of shipping charges et at.

Cheers to Tez for posting up that information :tup:. David, just to clarify, I only asked whether you preferred an English or an American bowyer because of shipping charges et at.

Thanks. A decent bow is an investment so if I need to have it shipped from overseas to get what I want then I don't mind the additional cost.

Cheers,

David

Latest Discussions

Back