East Coast Workout Anyone?

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Ok its January we started talking about an east coast workout back in July. Lets make it happen. I'm looking for those who would truely be interested to travel to others schools and to host a workout where you are. Lets start by giving our city and state so the first workout can be as centralized as possible. Once we have an idea of who will be there lets discuss an agenda for the days work out.

I'm in Seekonk, MA....

Anybody else.....

OP
J

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Depends on when. What format are you looking at?

An open forum to learn from one anothers experiences and gain training partners that are peers not students. To broaden our horizons, have fun, confirm what we already know, get new perspectives, and the list goes ono and on and on.....

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
louisville KY. dont know how much i can offer but Id love to learn from anyone of the kempo'ers on here

B

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed out on the last one, but judging by the reviews, it sounded like a great time. If we can all come up with a mutual date/time/location, I'd love to attend. I'm in Cromwell, CT.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Atkinson, NH for the moment. I'll likely be back in northern MA before too long.

I don't teach, and I'm not a black belt. However, just in case there is interest for something like this, I may be able to arrange for all of us to work out in a neutral space (that is not a school) 10 miles up 93 from Boston. It won't be a place with mats or gear but if something like that is at all useful, lemme know ;)

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Middleton, Ma....25 miles North of Boston....
I can hold about 6-8 comfortably.....

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Im in Orange ma, I know Evans Sensei will also most likly come if the date and times work. He is in jaffery NH.

Kosho

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I realize you are probably talking about a week end thing. I've been putting on a class here in north central ohio, that is once a month on the first thursday of the month. People have trained or is currently enrolled in a kenpo class has joined. The class is an hour and a half long. We have started from the beginning techniques Delayed Sword. We work the technique on each other one by one. Yesterday was the 4th class so far. We have made it to the 4th orange belt technique so far.

I also cover the first set of sets as a warm up. Along with short & long 1 & short 2. This all depends upon who shows up & where they are at. At the end of class we finish with some hand to hand drills.

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If you want / need you can use my school. I have two seperate dojo's of approx. 1100 sq. feet each, two classes can be run at the same time. Just an offer.
Al C.

gixxershane

Green Belt
Reaction score
so... we going to get something going here???? Im in RI but have traveled to PA because I have family in Philly and Pitt.. I also have family in eastern Ohio, but we do not get there too often.. usually philly.. actually we will be in philly for easter

twards the end of last year (fall) i tried to do something like this in my yard..

lets organize something!

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
I found this and answered because after a long time (very long) I'm getting a Kem(n) po workout feeling for this early, beautiful Saturday morning. I have been thinking about peers getting together for workouts and how cool that would be to see the new innovations in our world on some kind of regular basis. (think of all the nuances in one school/ organization, imagine all of us!)

Has this thread's idea gained any steam? (I know a few have been planned before only to fizzle! Maybe a park, bbq ???)

P.S. Other stylists could and should feel welcome too!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The OP doesnt seem to post anymore (not sure if he still lurks though), so its probably safe to say, unfortunately, that this idea has fizzled out. However, I think it would be cool, to find a location that was fair to all those on the East Coast, and put something together.

There are some schools in my area, that get together for whats called a "Friendship Seminar." A group of martial artists, from varying backgrounds, all get together for a 7-8hr day, with each inst. teaching a segment for a set amount of time. I havent been able to make one yet, but from what I hear, its a good time. No egos, no BS, just a bunch of martial artists getting together to train for the day.

Something like that is also a possibility. Afterwards, we could all go out to dinner or if the location was a park, a cookout is also an option.

Latest Discussions