Dynamic tension

Taiji Rebel

Black Belt
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was known to be a fan of dynamic tension. Charles Atlas popularized it in the comic books. Harry Wong wrote a book on it for martial artists back in the day. And a lot of power-lifters also use it to improve their lifts and break through sticking points.

OP
T

Tigerwarrior

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Bruce Lee was known to be a fan of dynamic tension. Charles Atlas popularized it in the comic books. Harry Wong wrote a book on it for martial artists back in the day. And a lot of power-lifters also use it to improve their lifts and break through sticking points.
Didn't know that. I knew he was big into isometrics using various devices for it. But I didn't know he did dynamics too. I guess it's the same if you use it that way. I haven't read Harry wongs book, but I've seen a few clips of his dvd before, definitely something I'm interested in the near future. Harry is also a san soo man too if I remember correctly. Watched a video of my instructor talking about dynamic tension and you guys were right. He didn't say it increases your chi or power he said it focuses your chi. Kind of like that definition of kime you gave earlier.

Latest Discussions