Dynamic flexibility for high kicks.

alphacat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Two months ago I started my Muay Thai training, and in order to improve my flexibility, I've been following this plan:
http://stronglifts.com/7-dynamic-stretches-to-improve-your-hip-mobility/

I'm now able to kick at head level, not perfectly, but it’s also a matter of improving my technique.

I really feel that my body got used to this (awesome) plan, and I was wondering if you could please post up some dynamic flexibility plans that worked out for you.

My goal is to be able to kick a few inches higher.

Thank you very much.

Reaction score
Looks like a pretty good set. One thing I did I picked up from an old paperback kungfu book printed in the early 70s...

basically involved bringing your leg up front (while straight) up to waist level - chest level - then high as you can go without putting it down in between... put it down again after you hit the high mark. It's kind of a 3 stage swing... a quick motion. Do about 10 to 15 each leg each day (or a few more as you get used to it.) If it's difficult, work your way into it with fewer reps. You'll get it.

I did that when I was younger and remembered it as I got serious with martial arts. I've got some pretty high kicks what with getting my knee up to my chest and all. =)

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Great stuffs...Thank-you for sharing this....best of luck in your training...

All it takes is "HARD" workouts......than it becomes "easy" when ready..

...wonder why women can reach way up behnd there backs? ....Men may need them too? ..for practice?

Aloha,

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey AlphaCat that is great to hear. Glad I was a help to you. If you stick to it and up it to 3 times a day you will see even better results than what you see now. Just another little friendly tip.

OP
A

alphacat

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey ATC :)

Yes, I really owe you one ;)

I really can't increase my training routine to 3 times a day, moreover i believe that acting efficiently is an important thing in life, and if you can do something in less time and reach the same results, then you should go for it.

Therefore I'm looking for different workout plans that will stimulate my muscles more than the current plan which my body got used to it.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey ATC :)

Yes, I really owe you one ;)

I really can't increase my training routine to 3 times a day, moreover i believe that acting efficiently is an important thing in life, and if you can do something in less time and reach the same results, then you should go for it.

Therefore I'm looking for different workout plans that will stimulate my muscles more than the current plan which my body got used to it.
Yes I understand. One of the best programs out there is ElasticSteel. Here is the owner of the programs YouTube site http://www.youtube.com/user/Elasticsteel. Browse over the many useful videos and use what you like. I have a couple of his DVDs and have found that the YT videos actually give more detail and are just as good if not better than the DVDs. Tons if info on the what, whys and hows of stretching.

Hope this helps. It has for me.

Latest Discussions