Dumb Moves

N

Nate_Hoopes

Last Monday , Im learning a Jump spinning Back Kick; Well theres this new girl at my school, Really pretty girl :cool: So her lesson is the one after mine, shes a white belt and is watching my brother and i take our lesson. So im learning this new more advanced kick, and actually pull it off a few times pretty good, so the phone rings, my sifu goes to answer it and tells us to practice the kick, so this really pretty new girl is looking right at me, so I do the kick again once, really good this time, Wish it had not been so good, I got really confident and go to do the kick again, with intent this time, I jump spin begin to extend my leg out, "OH CRAP" I jumped too high and off balance Im now sideway 3-4 feet in the air, well the old saying what goes up must come down, I Crash into the ground from over 3 feet in the air, Didnt hurt but it was enough to wind me, and of course i look over to see pretty girl covering her face Giggling at me, My faced turned so red :lookie: talk about embarassment, at least vince didnt ruin his first impression chance like i probably did.

R

Rubber Ducky

Originally posted by GouRonin
Then why do you guys wear skirts?

I repeat, we're always doing *dumb* stuff to try to impress the chicks...

Sheesh...

Pierre

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by GouRonin
Then why do you guys wear skirts?

Dammit, it's a kilt! Oh wait, I'm thinking of something else.

:D

Cthulhu

K

Kirk

boooooooooo!!!!!!
Hisssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!
*tomato throw*

F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Kirk
boooooooooo!!!!!!
Hisssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!
*tomato throw*
Hey vince are you going to take that from kirk. I wouldn't if I were you. You should slap him around and teach him a little respect.:D

V

vincefuess

Aaaah, Grasshopper... You must learn to live with the jealous outrage others of less skill may show toward your razor wit...

K

Kirk

Vince lives too close for you to be initiating things!

Vince, if you want a piece of this guy, I'll show you where
he works. :lol:

K

Kirk

An assistant instructor jokingly brought up "Redneck Kenpo"
last night. I think "Skinning The Cat" would be a great
Redneck Kenpo technique to use on such a hairy individual
as yourself.

D.Cobb

2nd Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by girlychuks
Don't wear T-shirts under your Gi's.
Yummy.:kiss:

Yummy huh?

Does that include me with my sunken chest, and little pot belly?

:idunno:

F

fist of fury

Originally posted by Kirk
An assistant instructor jokingly brought up "Redneck Kenpo"
last night. I think "Skinning The Cat" would be a great
Redneck Kenpo technique to use on such a hairy individual
as yourself.
LOL maybe you should develop a whole system of techniques for redneck kempo and post it on the humor board.

deadhand31

Brown Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
The 7th layer of Hell. Wisconsin, to the rest of y
So far, none of my dumb moves resulted in my injury. Probably one of my worst ones was done during a hip-throw drill. Well, we all know that these throws are done over the side of our body.... well, instead of twisting, I launched a guy over my shoulder. Luckily, he knew what was going on, and tucked his head in. Then it was another guy's turn. I made the same mistake, and ended up breaking his ribs. The worst thing about it is how nice he was to me about it. I would have felt better about it if he wanted to take a few shots at me, but no, he had to be all gracious and cool about it. Ah well, considering he's one of our first degrees, I'm sure he'll get back at me through sparring.

T

thaiboxer

well the most pain ive gone through is when i rolled my leg over a little too far for a leg kick which was checked perfectly by my opponent (who has been training for 2.5 years and has tough shins) and struck with the soft part of my leg just beside the shinbone which in turn smashed the nerve that runs down that area, so was in pain for a couple of weeks.
Also nothing better than getting punched in the face or hooked near the temple to learn to get your hands/arms up in time to block boxing punches. :D

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by thaiboxer

Also nothing better than getting punched in the face or hooked near the temple to learn to get your hands/arms up in time to block boxing punches. :D

Which is oooo sooooo true. But it reminds me of a time I sparred off with a body builder. His chest was so big he couldn't close in front, so all the punches went straight in.... and he was slow because of all the muscle. Easy fight and fun ;-)

/Yari

T

thaiboxer

Originally posted by Yari

Which is oooo sooooo true. But it reminds me of a time I sparred off with a body builder. His chest was so big he couldn't close in front, so all the punches went straight in.... and he was slow because of all the muscle. Easy fight and fun ;-)

/Yari

yeah i believe you can become too big really. anyhow ill never have that problem, i by no means lift heavy enough weights or take steroids to get real big.
i generally have a reach advantage cause im 6'2" tall, and generally am a little taller than most, but i actually like the challenge of sparring my brother who is 6'4" and also a similar sized guy in our class. they outreach me. its good fun, even though i get picked off a little easier:D

Latest Discussions