Arc4dia
White Belt
Coaches talk about a "good draw" or a "bad draw" like it's weather, but I've never seen anyone put numbers on it. In a 32-athlete WT category, how much of the medal outcome is seeding and bracket position versus what actually happens on the mat?
A couple of things I've never found a clear answer to:
Do byes distort the paths enough to matter, or does it even out across the bracket?
Is being unseeded next to a seeded block worse in R16 than the seeding rules imply?
For those of you who corner at tournaments: do you actually prepare differently once the draw is out, or is the preparation the same regardless?
A couple of things I've never found a clear answer to:
Do byes distort the paths enough to matter, or does it even out across the bracket?
Is being unseeded next to a seeded block worse in R16 than the seeding rules imply?
For those of you who corner at tournaments: do you actually prepare differently once the draw is out, or is the preparation the same regardless?