Do you train in the same patern everyday ?

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
like for me¨:

stretching

kicks

blocks & punches

katas

techniques

and sometimes i like to switch up :

stretching

judo techniques

boxing

or stretching

judo techniques

kick boxing

what im asking is if - do you guys do the same routine everyday or do you switch up from time to time or do you sometimes feel like your over doing it ? recently i shut down for 2 weeks just to strategize a new routine as well as new weight training routine ... before i shut down i was doing 600 sit ups & 300 leg lifts and running 3 miles on the tread mill everyday on top of my workout and after shuting down those 2 weeks i stated above it felt good just doing 150 sit ups and 100 leg lifts and just running 1 mile i felt like i wasnt over doing it it felt just right ! holla back with some input ...%-}

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
God, no!
We mix it up. Some of this, some of that, some of the other...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It is always better to mix your workout up for maximum results.

The advantage of settling into a mindless routine is that it is mindless. At least you get out and do what you need to. You work out as a matter of habit. But after a while, you won't get much out of it, mentally or physically.

The advantages of mixing it up are obvious. You challenge your mind and body... and will make better progress. But, it takes more effort.

Typically, I settle into a routine... start to stagnate, then mix it up. Then gradually I fall into a new routine, eventually have to shake it up again, and so on. In fact, right now I'm in a bit of a rut.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Personally, there are a few things that I do everyday including.

Qi Gong (every day) specifically "Shi Ba Luo Han Qi Gong", Zhan Zhuang and an occasional ba duan jin, yi jin jing, dip guat gong but the latter 3 I don't practice everyday.

Ma Bu (5-10 minutes)
Generally some type of Tao Lu but it varies because it would take me forever to practice all of them so I mix it up a bit and make sure through out the week at least I have ran through each set a few times.

Then Cardio, mix it up.
Along with Chest, Legs, Biceps, Triceps etc... are all trained through out the week but at different times.

Then I try to at least get some heavy bag work a few training sessions a week.
And at least 1 full contact sparring session a week as well.

So to summarize Qi Gong, Ma Bu & stretching are constant everyday, everything else I change up.

BLACK LION

Black Belt
Reaction score
change definately helps progression...

you will always reach a plateau and that is a sign that its time to alter muscle movements and alter the stress you put on them.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
No I change often. But Sunday is streatch day. I do mean STREATCH DAY! Three different streatching devices used that day. And it ain't no fun.

The other days I vary. Some are power days. I kick and punch bags with everthing I've got. Others are my 'Gene Kelly' days. That is co-ordination routines and footwork. And still others are my speed days. Those days I push on speed and reaction.

And then there is TKD day. Yes, that's the regular dojo day with all the gang.

Deaf

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Personally, there are a few things that I do everyday including.

Qi Gong (every day) specifically "Shi Ba Luo Han Qi Gong", Zhan Zhuang and an occasional ba duan jin, yi jin jing, dip guat gong but the latter 3 I don't practice everyday.

Ma Bu (5-10 minutes)
Generally some type of Tao Lu but it varies because it would take me forever to practice all of them so I mix it up a bit and make sure through out the week at least I have ran through each set a few times.

Then Cardio, mix it up.
Along with Chest, Legs, Biceps, Triceps etc... are all trained through out the week but at different times.

Then I try to at least get some heavy bag work a few training sessions a week.
And at least 1 full contact sparring session a week as well.

So to summarize Qi Gong, Ma Bu & stretching are constant everyday, everything else I change up.

Ah yes !! Mabu training ! You learn to love it and hate it !

me personally I switch it up alot.

I always work my Yang Short Form , some Yang Tai Chi Qi Gong , then mix it up between , forms , weapons, basics, stretching. There is plenty to do at my level in my style. More than plenty LOL

Latest Discussions