what does your MA work out consist of ? ( a full session done on the regular )

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
ma / cardio workout

stretch 10 - 15min stretch warm up
50 push ups
200 ( dont know what you call em : stand straight raise body up on toes )
kicking techniques
50 diamond push ups
boxing combos
50 dive bomber push ups
kenpo techniques : 2 belts ( like 50 techniques each 2 or 3 times )
katas : once but if i mess up 2 or 3 times each
jump on the exercise bicycle : 3 to 4 miles
resistance band : torso twist - high torso twist - golf swings - row squat
200 twist sit ups
200 leg raises
200 crunches
this takes about 1 and half to an hour and 45 mins

but this routine changes all the time sometimes i throw some wooden dummy in there - burpees - go hard on the punching bag - bo kata - it all depends on all of things like weather , time , spirit , work , family etc etc

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
10 to however many pushups you can
10 line drills which consist of combinations of hand techniques and kicks
stretching for about 20 minutes
aprox. 15 more line drills
aprox. 10 partner drills using what we just did in the line drills (a series of punches, blocks, and kicks)
aprox. 10 rounds of free sparring
aprox. 8-10 rounds of wrist breaking techniques
maybe a couple of times through forms
somedays grappling for half an hour

kungfu penguin

Green Belt
Reaction score
about 15 min of crossfit training [exercise after exercise high intensity] abot 10 min mitt work for about 30 then the rest techniques and more crossfit at the end about 8 min

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Goodness, those are hardcore.. though are your workouts any fun?? I would like to know how any of you manage to stick to these regimes in the long run???

For me doing something because I HAVE to is possibly the worst motivation in the world.

Me I ride my bike through Epping Forest 3Hr on the weekends over all kinds of terrain and small dogs, leaping ravines and avoiding all manner of obstacles such as tree boughs, teenage gluesniffers and discarded syringes.. If I felt I needed something all serious grown up and "exercisey" I would do the speedrope 30min @140-180rpm no stopping though even with a heady D&B playlist that can get boring too.. Proper exercise is BORING!

Most fun is when you work out with somebody else. Exercising on your own is SO depressingly unpleasant pffft..

OP
suicide

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
when i get lazy and skip a day its on my mind all day like damn it i should of just worked out its no big deal but it does make you feel better about yourself in so many ways...

Stac3y

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Every time:
6-8 minutes jump rope
50-70 situps
50-60 pushups
1-2 minutes side twist punches
15 minutes stretching (half at start, half at cool down); static and dynamic

Then a combination of 2 or more of these (depends on how much time I have; usually just 2):
10+ minutes shadow boxing (usually not freeform; going through all the combinations in the curriculum in order 2-3 times each while bobbing)
All 12 kata (10 curriculum, 1 creative, 1 weapon)
All self defense routines (there are 50+ of them)
All techniques (1-5 times)
Practice stances, blocks, and strikes with one or more of the 5 weapons I have to be proficient in by next September (maybe 10 minutes per weapon)

When I notice something that's not working right, I take time to work on it more, so I might do some of the katas several times, or slow down and do the combinations or techniques by the numbers. I also practice rough sections of the katas if needed, and vary speed, tension, etc. or do various exercises (eyes closed, hands or feet only, etc.)

I try to move very quickly from one thing to the next for the sake of cardio and to get as much into each workout as I possibly can--my time is very limited.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
when i get lazy and skip a day its on my mind all day like damn it i should of just worked out its no big deal but it does make you feel better about yourself in so many ways...
Oh yes I agree we always feel better physically and yes spiritually too after exercise and but what keeps you doing such a strenuous workout, is it just the guilt of NOT doing it?? Or is your workout fun? If so I would be interested in how you have made it enjoyable for yourself?? Me, if I do not enjoy it I just cannot be bothered and then I hit the chocolate haha..