Do you have Swine Flu?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Microsoft can't get an operating system right and that is their business so why would I trust them for H1N1.

I don't go to my MD to ask him questions about Microsoft so I do not think I will go to Microsoft to find out about the flu

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What a joke somebody has something that really cannot do anything, the American way.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Microsoft can't get an operating system right and that is their business so why would I trust them for H1N1.

I don't go to my MD to ask him questions about Microsoft so I do not think I will go to Microsoft to find out about the flu

You go to the ones who have experience. You want to know about money, you talk to Warren Buffett. You want to know about viruses, you talk to Micro$oft.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Microsoft's answer to a bad operating system is to reboot. You can't turn your life off and then back on again. Why go to a software company to find out about your health??

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
You go to the ones who have experience. You want to know about money, you talk to Warren Buffett. You want to know about viruses, you talk to Micro$oft.

You have a point there..... but then thier Antivirus system defender is not all that good sooooooo..... I think I have a better chance at my MD solving a Microsoft issue than I do at Microsoft having the slightest idea about H1N1 :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Microsoft's answer to a bad operating system is to reboot. You can't turn your life off and then back on again. Why go to a software company to find out about your health??

Apparently microsofts idea of an upgrade from Vista to Windows 7 is a perpetual reboot, I guess that way it is always in top working order :D

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Social engineering. Google found that they could track flu outbreaks faster and more accurately than the CDC by tracking where people were googling flu symptoms. Looks like MSFT wants to achieve something similar.

https://h1n1.cloudapp.net/privacy.aspx

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Shoot... you mean I messed up a scheme when I used a valid Zip Code that isn't close to where I live? :EG:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shoot... you mean I messed up a scheme when I used a valid Zip Code that isn't close to where I live? :EG:

It depends. Did you spoof your IP with a proxy first? ;)

girlbug2

Master of Arts
Reaction score
According to the New York Times today:

"Now that President Obama has declared swine flu a national emergency and manufacturers are warning that vaccine production is running far behind schedule, is it time to panic? Almost certainly not. Swine flu is spreading rapidly, but the virus appears no more virulent than a seasonal flu virus. If current trends continue, it will kill or hospitalize fewer people than would be harmed in a normal flu season."

The swine flu has been underwhelming so far this season.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't worry, it'll pick up. Read something about all flus now required to be classified as swine when reporting. So, everybody panic, but relax.

In related news I'm not heading out and getting the annual injection of toxins, heavy metals and waste byproducts so that others may have their chance at debilitating neurodamage in my place.

xJOHNx

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Swine flu equals mexican flu?

If so, I had it. Everyone in my year got vaccinated at school (as we have classes in the hospital), I didn't. Caught the swine flu, ain't that bad.
I was over it in 2 days and had no sore arm.
Vaccinated people had troubles for a day or four and and serious blue mark on their arm.

It's not that bad, just a bit of fever.

Azzy

White Belt
Reaction score
We have just come out of flu season in South Africa and our vaccination policies are almost non existant. There were only a few deaths attributed to swine flu and they were generally coupled with severe immune defiency.

So for the healthy there is almost nothing to be worried about.

sfs982000

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Last summer my sons got sick and this young doctor took one look at them and diagnosed them with swine flu. I asked if they were going to actually test them for it and she said no, that Minnesota only tests individuals that were in the medical profession working around other sick people or basically folks that were admitted to the hospital already that may infect other folks (sounded fishy to me). She had also said that she had diagnosed over 50 cases in the week prior to seeing us. Anyway ended up quarantined to the house for 10 days with my family. Once we got the all clear about a day later my sons broke out with a head to toe rash, so I'm thinking now what? I took them back in and come to find out that they never did have the swine flu, it was Fifth's Disease, which I guess is fairly common among young kids. Basically it starts off with similar symptoms, but the dead give away is the head to toe rash about a week to ten days later. So makes me wonder how many cases that doc got wrong. I totally blame the media for blowing this way outo f proportion. Ok my two cents worth has been spoken, sorry for ranting. :)

Latest Discussions