Has anyone used a "Bosu Ball"?????

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
I had a friend suggest I purchase a "Bosu" ball to incorporate in my home-gym.
LINK

Just wondering if anyone here has used one and what it's done for you.
Thanks

Your Brother
John

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
After my heart surgery, part of my physical therapy was doing squats on the flat side of a Bosu Ball.

It helped rebuild my balance and stabilizing muscles as well as the major groups used in the squat motion.

I hope that helps a bit.

lhommedieu

Black Belt
Reaction score
I use a medicine ball in my home gym to train core body strength. Can't really judge from pictures and video but the Bosu Ball looks a bit gimmicky - maybe not. At any rate you can do much of the same with a medicine ball with the added benifit of being able to use it as a medicine ball, i.e. two person exercises, "wall ball," etc. A 26 pound ball is adequate for most (and I would start with a lighter ball and work my way up). For squats you'd probably want a larger ball.

Best,

Steve

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
I use them at my gym for many different things. SteveBJJ is correct that they are great for core. Along with balance training, strength training, and cardio-respiratory endurance training. Working on an unstable surface ups he difficulty of any exercise by a bunch. And it allows for you to hit all of the little stabilizer muscles.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Used one to rehab my knee. Harder than it looks.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My trainer mixes up exercises for me but recently he worked in some Bosu ball and Swiss ball exercises to help strengthen my core.