Distance to train

Fiendlover

Black Belt
Reaction score
i live in pomona but train in glendora. its not that far but claremont, pomona, via verde, and san dimas are closer. i do not train in pomona or claremont because there in bad neighborhoods, i have deep issues with the instructors at via verde and glendora just has a great system. so i go there.

Laurentkd

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Currently I am about 10 minutes from my school. However, when I was in college I drove 2 and a half hours each way at least once a week on Friday nights I would say about half the time I would drive back and half the time I stayed the weekend so I could train on saturday too (oh wait, I mean to hang out with my parents! THAT is the reason I came home for the weekend!). The drive was long, but worth the training (3 hours at least, usually closer to 5 as my instructor wanted to really make it worth my time).
My freshman year I did the driving by myself, but after that I had a couple dedicated students (from the rec center class I taught) who also wanted to make the drive with me to train with my instructor. Once that happened we starting going most Tuesday nights as well. The training was awesome of course, and the time in the car with training buddies (that later became best friends) was also a blast- we talked martial arts the entire 5+ hours. A lot more fun than going to frat parties. :D

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well let me think for one sifu I travel about 40 miles and for teh other (technically) it is 20 but the way I end up going sdmetimes it ends up about 60 miles and I am considering traveling about 6800 miles once a year to train a style I have not dine in years but then again I am also beginning to beleive I am off the edge of the map too :pirate4: :pinky1: NARF

But somehow I just know :lisafault:

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
For my personal training I go 200' to my Barn where I built out a training facility...For additional training I'm about to embark in that will be roughly 20 miles round trip...

Shicomm

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Usually about 35 minute drive , approx. 11 miles ( one way )
I used to get to there by public transport for a few years.. then it was about 90 minutes ( one way ) ...

I don't matter at all as i like to drive :)

Latest Discussions