Did you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
No I did not. That is an absurd interpretation. Do I have to qualify every question with generally? It's not obvious to you that's what I meant?
In context, your OP encompassed All Shotokan dojo's. That in itself is an illogical question. Most assuredly things are going to be different from school to school, certainly from region to region.
So who was your famous instructor?

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
And you aren't here to school me.
I just checked your profile. No surprise it is blank. You are one of those people who want to blow hard when something is said against your opinion but have zero assertion to back up any of your claims. Why would you think anyone can come to this forum, or anywhere for that matter, and immediately expect people to cow-tow to you? You obviously do not see who is being the prxxk here.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I just checked your profile. No surprise it is blank. You are one of those people who want to blow hard when something is said against your opinion but have zero assertion to back up any of your claims. Why would you think anyone can come to this forum, or anywhere for that matter, and immediately expect people to cow-tow to you? You obviously do not see who is being the prxxk here.

Where did I call anything someone else did a turd? Where did I call someones kicks weak? Where did I do Anything besides express an opinion?

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Again, I did NOT train Shotokan in that building, but I did watch them.

Ted Hedlund
Ted Hedlund | EUROPEAN SHOTOKAN KARATE-DO ASSOCIATION
Okay, a very respectful resume. Why in the world did you Not ask Mr. Hedlund, the expert, the instructor of your claimed class when you were there, right in his class, right in front of him??? What additional information about such a vague question do you expect to gain from a bunch of people on a forum who are at best second hand information? You were there. Right there. Just ask the damn question to a flesh and blood person who is capable of answering it in the moment.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Okay, a very respectful resume. Why in the world did you Not ask Mr. Hedlund, the expert, the instructor of your claimed class when you were there, right in his class, right in front of him??? What additional information about such a vague question do you expect to gain from a bunch of people on a forum who are at best second hand information? You were there. Right there. Just ask the damn question to a flesh and blood person who is capable of answering it in the moment.

Because my question is not directed towards that school since it's perfectly clear that they don't, and I'm sure he doesn't give a damn what other schools do

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
Never heard of it. Independent organisation.

Now if you can show me a JKA school in real time, with a class, kicking things, I will have found my piece.
Now you have moved the goal posts again.
I'm responding to your question "Do you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?"
You wanted something on the internet I gave you something.
You then want something with a class.
I presented such.
So now you want something from a specific organization of Shotokan.
If that is found are you then going to want a video from a specific organization from a specific town?
The thing is I answered your question in that there are shotokan schools, groups, & individuals who do kick objects within their kick training.

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Now you have moved the goal posts again.
I'm responding to your question "Do you kick anything in your Shotokan or Goju Ryu kick training?"
You wanted something on the internet I gave you something.
You then want something with a class.
I presented such.
So now you want something from a specific organization of Shotokan.
If that is found are you then going to want a video from a specific organization from a specific town?
The thing is I answered your question in that there are shotokan schools, groups, & individuals who do kick objects within their kick training.

An independent organisation can call themselves anything without any lineage and thus not be representative of the art

Last edited:

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can we all just agree to put this kid on ignore. He’s obviously just a trouble maker looking for attention. Seeing as every single post he’s made is talking down on different styles and training methods

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Can we all just agree to put this kid on ignore. He’s obviously just a trouble maker looking for attention. Seeing as every single post he’s made is talking down on different styles and training methods

"Put this kid on ignore" - can't we at least come up with an acronym for that? ;)

OP
A

Acronym

Master of Arts
Reaction score

So you agree there exists no such footage. Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions