Describe the Ideal Presidential Candidate

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Someone that could actually identify with the every-day struggles of the average Joe. How can you expect someone that's never been where you are to understand what it's like?

Someone that puts the welfare of our nation and its people first; ahead of personal, political, or party agendas.

Someone that is fiscally responsible.

Someone that is just, fair, and of decent character; someone that leads by example.

Someone that's intelligent, and wise. They have the "book-learning" but the experience to temper their decisions as well.

Someone that will keep their word.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick answer: Someone who would take an "original intent" view of the Constitution (including the entire Bill of Rights, not just the parts they find convenient) and implement policy accordingly.

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quick answer: Someone who would take an "original intent" view of the Constitution (including the entire Bill of Rights, not just the parts they find convenient) and implement policy accordingly.

I think to go beyond that would be to have an understanding that the role of the president is to be the executive... not a "Super Legislator"

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think to go beyond that would be to have an understanding that the role of the president is to be the executive... not a "Super Legislator"
Oh, that's understood...but if the president would veto any bill that contained unconstitutional language (and make it clear that he will never do otherwise) it'd go a long way.

chances of that happening...um, about the same as ME being elected president.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh, that's understood...but if the president would veto any bill that contained unconstitutional language (and make it clear that he will never do otherwise) it'd go a long way.

chances of that happening...um, about the same as ME being elected president.

So what we are saying is you will never be president.
icon10.gif

Latest Discussions