Describe the Ideal Presidential Candidate

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Without party affiliation, describe the stances and approaches to the topics which are critical to you in the ideal presidential candidate for the USA.

Please steer clear of jibes, flames, accusatory issues, etcetera.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
Without party affiliation, describe the stances and approaches to the topics which are critical to you in the ideal presidential candidate for the USA.

Please steer clear of jibes, flames, accusatory issues, etcetera.

That candidate who will leave the second amendment, and for that matter the entire bill of rights the hell alone.

That candidate who will leave peoples' own hard earned money the hell alone.

That candidate who will have a clear and defined plan for dealing with anyone who should choose to make our country its enemy by word and deed, and will not attempt to negotiate or appease them but unequivocally wipe them from existence, or at absolute minimum bring them to a state where they can no longer pose a threat. Polls be damned.

That candidate who would remove the US from the UN and vice versa. Switzerland can have 'em.

In short--one that doesn't exist.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
-concern for but not a slave to world opinion
-the guts to say " you countries that dont like us? hope you dont like our money EITHER, cuz thats gone"
-picks judges that are good judges, without political concerns
-realizes the 1st amendment doesnt exist without the 2nd
-thinks marraige is a private affair, not a government one
-is anti abortion personally, but pro-choice politically
-ruthless in thier protection of this country
-willing to withdraw from the UN and force them off our land
-governs by principal, not polls

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Get off my plane!-President Marshall to Korchunov

Harrison Ford? :lol:

Actually, pretty much what TwinFist said, though some are more complex than that.

Attachments

• $harrison-ford.jpg
    $harrison-ford.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 144

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you chaps interesting in hearing the opinions of a foreigner? Or would you prefer to keep this one for those who will actually have a vote on the matter? I don't mind either way - especially as some of my thoughts would probably be downright 'outrageous' as far as American interests might see things.

OP
shesulsa

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Are you chaps interesting in hearing the opinions of a foreigner? Or would you prefer to keep this one for those who will actually have a vote on the matter? I don't mind either way - especially as some of my thoughts would probably be downright 'outrageous' as far as American interests might see things.

I would *very* much like to hear your opinion. :asian:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go for it Sukerkin!

I read somewhere that in a poll of Americans most said that they would vote in 'Jed' Bartlet, the President in West Wing played by Martin Sheen.

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Well it isn't that I'd feel any "outrage" over a non-American offering views, it's just I think at this point we're just too fundamentally different to come to any agreements on them.

But never worry, Mark, that I'd bust on you for voicing your opinion.

Fire at will. :)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
-concern for but not a slave to world opinion
-the guts to say " you countries that dont like us? hope you dont like our money EITHER, cuz thats gone"
-picks judges that are good judges, without political concerns
-realizes the 1st amendment doesnt exist without the 2nd
-thinks marraige is a private affair, not a government one
-is anti abortion personally, but pro-choice politically
-ruthless in thier protection of this country
-willing to withdraw from the UN and force them off our land
-governs by principal, not polls

My sentiments as well, only laid out much better. Well Done.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it isn't that I'd feel any "outrage" over a non-American offering views, it's just I think at this point we're just too fundamentally different to come to any agreements on them.

Fire at will. :)[/quote

Poor Will, what does he do to get shot at all the time?

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Fire at will. :)[/quote

Poor Will, what does he do to get shot at all the time?

Stole my pizza, he did. (slaps in a fresh mag)

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
:lol:

Well that dived in a comedic direction I didn't expect :D.

My thanks to everyone for their faith in my ability to string a sentence or two together on a matter that is, really, none of my direct business :tup:. Please forgive any clumsiness in execution as, yet again, the lateness of the hour inpinges badly upon my eloquence and logic :eek:.

By in large, you have a candidate on hand already who would be very good for your country's longer term future, if he had the years in office to do it - Ron Paul. He has some things in his 'deck' that I don't think bode so well but economically he's got his head screwed on.

In terms of 'fantasy', you need a President who sees clearly that the concept of Empire is an outmoded one that cannot work in the 21st Century. That also means that you, as a people, have to accept that you can no longer support your lifestyles by leeching off the rest of the world.

I know that there is a commonly bantered about view that America is the richest country on the planet and benefits other nations with her largesse. This is a vision that is hard to pin down the origin of as it is founded on 'facts' that are demonstrably untrue and are at best a hangover from pre-war days when true industry still existed in the 'developed' world.

The primary fantasy is the 'wealth' aspect. America is essentially bankrupt, propped up by imaginary money and unimaginable debts. Any President that will do you any good in the much longer term has to deal with this. The main way to achieve this is return control of the money supply into government hands and severly curtail, if not outright abolish, fractional reserve banking based upon a fictional currency.

Further, he/she has to be able to see that using military might, especially that funded by debt, to enforce your image of how things should be upon the world, is a doomed enterprise. Also, he has to be able to concede that forcing compliance with a capitalist democratic doctrine is a non sequitur.

Such an idealistic President has to be able to re-inspire the American people and those that govern them to actually run their country by the principles enshrined in the Constitution rather than just pay lip-service to it it when it suits them. This means having a true Republic again rather than a supposed Democracy that is merely the puppet of the richest business interests of the day.

To achieve such a radical sea-change, this ideal President has to be possessed primarily with great charisma and the ability to get over to the voting public that the way things have been for nearly a century is not the way that the Founding Fathers anticipated. Empire is not possible and isolationsim is not practicable in the current global climate, so America's leader has to be able to enter into negotiations with the other nations of the world as a partner rather than a bully or a xenophobe.

The final attribute this person will need, is to be able to see that dealing with the ecological changes amassing due to profligate squandering of resources is the one major concern that makes all others moot. He will need to persuade all that without balancing the resource 'book' then every other endeavour is merely a re-arrangement of the oncoming disaster. This does not necessarily mean a retreat into an Amish-like way of life but does mean serious development of alternative energy resources, including Nuclear Fusion and a determined effort to expand our presence off-planet. Technological solutions do exist to deal with the 'doom' we have written for ourselves as a species and seizing that path is one of the greatest legacies a leader could have.

As I said earlier, fairly off-the-wall and outrageous sounding opinions given the present situation in the world. But the question was what positions and attributes would form the image of an ideal next President of the United States and those 'big picture' issues are the ones that, to me, are the ones that really need to be dealt with.

Last edited:

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I would *very* much like to hear your opinion. :asian:
Are you thick? Of course we'd love to hear your opinion mate.

As for me... candidate? How about one that doesn't bother wasting time/effort/money on digging up dirt on their opponent and slinging mud at 'em and actually is sincere about keeping their promises and then when they DO become president... actually KEEP their bleedin promises.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Suk,
I for one would LOVE to hear what you might value in an american president

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
In terms of 'fantasy', you need a President who sees clearly that the concept of Empire is an outmoded one that cannot work in the 21st Century. That also means that you, as a people, have to accept that you can no longer support your lifestyles by leeching off the rest of the world.

This sorta amuses me. What you are describing has been part of human cultures since the beginning and to be honest I don't really think we as a species have really grown so much in wisdom or benevolence in such a recent time as the last 50 years.

Nothing personal against you and not to defend the practice of 'empire building' itself but it does amuse me that those who would say that 'empire building' is outmoded are those that are no longer in a position to build empires.

The Greeks, then the Romans, the British and the Spanish and the Portuguese, the Americans and the Russians. Now just the Americans but maybe soon the Chinese or the Indians or... who knows? Those that can build Empires, economically and militarily and politically.... they do. It may be unsavory but... it's still happening. Due to internal politico-economical pressures, it almost seems a necessity, or at least a foregone conclusion.

Or to be cynical about it :) You're time of empire building is past so of course you would say it's outmoded. Our time is today, but we are not so much different then you were in many respects. Our time may be fading and someone will follow us, because we're all still human and I don't really think we've grown that much that fundamental needs, fears, and drives will not be present

(and I only mention this as you've mentioned the theme a few times already..)

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This sorta amuses me. What you are describing has been part of human cultures since the beginning and to be honest I don't really think we as a species have really grown so much in wisdom or benevolence in such a recent time as the last 50 years.

Nothing personal against you and not to defend the practice of 'empire building' itself but it does amuse me that those who would say that 'empire building' is outmoded are those that are no longer in a position to build empires.

The Greeks, then the Romans, the British and the Spanish and the Portuguese, the Americans and the Russians. Now just the Americans but maybe soon the Chinese or the Indians or... who knows? Those that can build Empires, economically and militarily and politically.... they do. It may be unsavory but... it's still happening. Due to internal politico-economical pressures, it almost seems a necessity, or at least a foregone conclusion.

Or to be cynical about it :) You're time of empire building is past so of course you would say it's outmoded. Our time is today, but we are not so much different then you were in many respects. Our time may be fading and someone will follow us, because we're all still human and I don't really think we've grown that much that fundamental needs, fears, and drives will not be present

(and I only mention this as you've mentioned the theme a few times already..)

Who was it said, "The one thing we have learned from history is that we do not learn from history"?

Cuz they were right.