Dem Health Plan Proposal has some Issues....

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Senate Health Bill Would Up Costs for Millions in Middle Class, Analysis Finds

The Senate health care bill crucial to saving President Obama's signature domestic initiative will hit the wallets of a quarter of all Americans making less than $200,000 per year, according to an analysis by the nonpartisan Joint Tax Committee that assessed the way the bill would hit taxpayers directly through new taxes and fees and indirectly through taxes levied on health care providers and passed on to consumers.
The committee also determined that the bill would subsidized insurance premiums for 7 percent of taxpayers -- about 13 million people -- while some 73 million people would face higher costs from the new fees and taxes.
"For every family that gets some benefit from this program, in other words, a premium subsidy, three families are going to get a tax increase and those three families obviously include the bulk of people you'd call middle class America," Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, told Fox News.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To make matters more complicated, Democratic leaders are considering an option -- never tried before -- to avoid getting stuck with a recorded "yes" vote on a Senate bill they oppose by using a maneuver that some authorities say is unconstitutional.

The procedural move -- proposed by Rep. Louise Slaughter, D-N.Y., chairwoman of the House Rules Committee, would allow Democrats to usher through the Senate bill (which, by the way, still has a House numerical designation) without actually having a vote "on passage" of the legislation.

"The alarming thing that I'm hearing now is that (House) Speaker (Nancy) Pelosi is thinking about bending the rules and, frankly, making it so there's not a direct vote on the Senate health care bill," Rep. Eric Cantor, D-Va., told "Fox News Sunday."

"I've got the Constitution right here. It's section one -- or Article One, Section 7 that says in all cases the votes of both houses shall be determined by yeas and nays. And right here, we're seeing a perversion of the rules to go ahead and ram through this ... trillion-dollar health care bill," Cantor said.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-health-care-biggest-faith-based-vote-house/

The good news.
1 member of the House has a copy of the Constitution and has read it.

The bad news.
The Speaker of the House doesn't seem to care what the Constitution allows.

kungfu penguin

Green Belt
Reaction score
my only gripe w/ the health plan as i understand it is if you have a chronic illness like diabetes you are screwed if you are over 55 you are also screwed but lastly, when obama was asked if he would use the new health care system he changed the subject if you dont believe enough in your product dont endorse it! [you dont buy hair care products from bald people]

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to say.... If OBAMA's health care plan and this are anything like the Military's current health plan, THEN WE ARE ALL SCREWED.

The Military's health Plan is not what it was 10 years ago. Depending on what base you are at, there are no more on base emergency facilities. the base hospital is now a clinic that outsources the doctors from the local area.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment. If you are sick RIGHT now, you can call and see if they have an appointment soon, which they NEVER DO and they expect you to come in in 3 weeks, go to after hours sick call where you will sit for 4 or more hours only to get rushed through and mis-diagnosed, or go to the local emergency room and sit for hours until someone sees you.

WHAT A ****ING JOKE.

And this is all because of the LAST DEMON-CRAT we had in office, Clinton and his outsourcing.

Good news people.... WE ARE ****ED.

Amen. I talked to my VA doc recently and he said the OBAMA plan is going to be "modeled after the VA program because it works so well." I didn't really say anything, but in my head I was thinking OMFG!!! :barf: