David German Question (KenpoJoe will know)

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The "Infinite Insights" book #1 that I bought from Mr. Parker (at his seminar) in the late 80's had a Great "Family Tree" in it. Don't know if you can find that online or not. Worth looking for!

The "White Eyebrow" system is known as "Bak Mei Gung-Fu", and there are several 'strains' of it (pun intended). I've not heard of it being in the Parker lineage, especially as it's MUCH MUCH older than American Kenpo OR Kara-Ho Kempo. Perhaps you mean that Bak Mei is in Mr. German's background. That, I can't answer. You can find out some more on it at this link:
LINK

GoJu Ryu, good luck. There's several strains / lineages of that. Hopefully your instructor's instructor kept good records.

Overall, if you're wanting any information on the late Mr. David German, you can't beat "Kenpo Joe" for the info!!! I suggest e-mailing him or PM'ing him directly. He's a very generous fount of information!!

Your Brother
John
Hi folks!
Dear John,
Thank you for the compliment!
Regarding the "family tree" from IIIK: There are several mistakes and omissions. I remember Dan Laxson telling me a story where he saw the finished family Tree and Mr. Parker was proudly beaming about it. Dan looked at it and innocently said "My name's spelled wrong.". To which Mr. Parker gave him the famous "Laser Beam" look in response! David German is not on the tree, but that is not because he wasn't a Black Belt under Mr. Parker. Mr. German was a student back at the original studio in Pasadena [around the corner from the present walnut street location], His father, an auto mechanic, used to go to a transmission place on walnet street [which is still there,btw] and young David saw the sign for karate and asked his father if he could take classes. He took private classes in the afternoon w/ Mr. Parker. He and his father help build the Walnut studio, as his dad was good at carpentry. Later, David would ask his father if he could open a karate studio and got 2 franchises for the Las vegas area. James Ibrao,John Mcsweeney,Al Tracy and other first generation black belts have confirmed that over the years.
Wai Fung Doo was his White Tiger/White Eyebrow/White Hair system sifu. Brian Adams [author of "Medical Implication of Karate Blows" ([renamed "Deadly Karate Blows" by unique publications]), Parker Liniken & Jim Lacey [of "iron palm/18 taoist palm" fame] were all students of Doo Wai at that time. They trained and were certified by Doo Wai at that time.
I hope that I was of some service,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
The line doesn't denote generational breaks, but simply presents Mr. Parker's downline, in no particular order or status.

I am not Joe Rebelo, but I did stay in a Holiday Express before.
ROFLMAO!
Hi folks!
I am not Ron Chapel, but I did get a bumper sticker from him once!
I've had my fair share of "interesting experiences" at that establishment!
How does that old Gene Simmons song go? "I'm living in sin at the Holiday Inn"?
Thank you,Doc!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

KENPOJOE

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Funny, I think you will be staying in one again (when you come to Omaha on 2/21/2009)

I wonder if sleeping there will grow you a huge moustache? that would be even funnier on Ryan.
Hi folks!
Gee Dave, Are you making fum of my facial hair?lol!!! Ron and I have both been members of the bushy mustashe club"!
BEGOOD,
KENPOJOE

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Does that mean Mr. Rebelo plans on being in attendance at the upcoming seminar?

That would be a treat but I haven't heard from him :)

I was just speculating that staying at HIE might cause massive facial hair growth.

Any fun I poke at big mustaches is purely driven by the fact that my facial hair genes seems to have come straight down the line from my American Indian ancestors... which is to say, I get very little of it.

Latest Discussions