Custom wood weapons

JLC

White Belt
Reaction score
I'm looking for someone that can do some custom wood weapons and able to do them with some engraving. Anyone know of such a craftsmen?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for? Training weapons or presentation weapons? And what weapons?

OP
J

JLC

White Belt
Reaction score
Wood gets "carved", only metals are "engraved".

Thanks Dave... my bad, custom wood weapons that are "carved". The weapons would be for presentation only. And lets just start with short staffs.... escrima, for the sake of this post.

mendozahoney

White Belt
Reaction score
I know Philippines is good in these kind of customization.
try our friends there. :)

Dave Leverich

Black Belt
Reaction score
If you're doing sticks, you might just look for the raw materials and make some for the gifts. Shaping Escrima sticks is seriously awesome, and really puts something special into it.

I made a pair for one of my instructors and I think I spent about 2 hours on the burning. I like to think of it as painting with flames ;).

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
MT member Master Jay Penfil works closely with GM Peter Carbone who is such a craftsman. You can PM Master Penfil and he can provide details.

Mark Jordan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Try Philippines. There's a province there - Pampanga, I believe that makes such exquisite carving and you can choose what kind of wood to use.