Crucifixion site of Jesus and the Ark of the Covenant Found

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
This video is of the excavation:

[video=youtube_share;3pqa-Jd5bkQ]http://youtu.be/3pqa-Jd5bkQ[/video]

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother hath need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence towards God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." ~ 1 John 3:16-24 KJV

Please take a close look at God's law, and see your need for Jesus in your life as your personal savior. Be honest with yourself, as difficult as it may be, identify your sins of thoughts, words, and deeds against God's law. Go some place private to pray, open your heart to our Father in heaven, and talk to Him. Admit your sins, repent, and accept Jesus into your life. Ask God, in Christ's name, to forgive and cleanse you of every sin that separates you from His will, and finally lay your burdens down. PeaceWithGod.net

The Ten Commandments ~ Exodus 20:1-17 KJV

"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Thou shalt not kill.

Thou shalt not commit adultery.

Thou shalt not steal.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~ John 3:16 KJV

Have a Joyous Easter! :)

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

[video=youtube_share;3pqa-Jd5bkQ]http://youtu.be/3pqa-Jd5bkQ[/video]:)
The Ark of the Covenant is at Axum, in Ethiopia.......while the exact true location of Golgotha is still unknown, for 1680 years, the Church of the Holy Sephulcre has been the traditional location, with several other candidates in the running.....

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Please take a close look at God's law, and see your need for Jesus in your life as your personal savior.

Since you posted this in The Study, am I right in thinking you're encouraging a discussion concerning the merits of this statement? Because I would be delighted to adopt a contrary position on the matter.

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm
[h=3]Place of the crucifixion[/h]See also: Empty tomb

A diagram of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the historical site based on a German documentary.​

The precise location of the crucifixion remains a matter of conjecture, but the biblical accounts indicate that it was outside the city walls,[SUP][Jn. 19:20][/SUP] [SUP][Heb. 13:12][/SUP] accessible to passers-by[SUP][Mt. 27:39][/SUP] [SUP][Mk. 15:21,29-30][/SUP] and observable from some distance away.[SUP][Mk. 15:40][/SUP] Eusebius identified its location only as being north of Mount Zion,[SUP][110][/SUP] which is consistent with the two most popularly suggested sites of modern times.
Calvary as an English name for the place is derived from the Latin word for skull (calvaria), which is used in the Vulgate translation of "place of a skull", the explanation given in all four Gospels of the Aramaic wordGûlgaltâ which was the name of the place where Jesus was crucified.[SUP][111][/SUP] The text does not indicate why it was so designated, but several theories have been put forward. One is that as a place of public execution, Calvary may have been strewn with the skulls of abandoned victims (which would be contrary to Jewish burial traditions, but not Roman). Another is that Calvary is named after a nearby cemetery (which is consistent with both of the proposed modern sites). A third is that the name was derived from the physical contour, which would be more consistent with the singular use of the word, i.e., the place of "a skull". While often referred to as "Mount Calvary", it was more likely a small hill or rocky knoll.[SUP][112][/SUP]
The traditional site, inside what is now occupied by the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in the Christian Quarterof the Old City, has been attested since the 4th century. A second site (commonly referred to as Gordon&#8217;s Calvary), located further north of the Old City near a place popularly called the Garden Tomb, has been promoted since the 19th century, mostly by Protestants.

I see your comment
Please take a close look at God's law, and see your need for Jesus in your life as your personal savior. Be honest with yourself, as difficult as it may be, identify your sins of thoughts, words, and deeds against God's law. Go some place private to pray, open your heart to our Father in heaven, and talk to Him. Admit your sins, repent, and accept Jesus into your life. Ask God, in Christ's name, to forgive and cleanse you of every sin that separates you from His will, and finally lay your burdens down. PeaceWithGod.net

and raise you:
Your God, not mine. I don't need Jesus, he still owes me $50 from
that phone call I made a while back. I am honest with myself, and your rules do not = my sins. Why would I pray to your god when to me he is as real as Batman? How about I ask Batman, in Robins name to tie my kangaroo down mate? Point is, if you want a discussion, we will be happy to discuss. If you are here to preach, postalize or whatever, you'l find we're none too disposed to that sort of thing.

Section 6 : MartialTalk Policy on Religious Tolerance

Religion is an important part of the lives of many of our members, and we believe it is important that people be given the opportunity to express their religious and spiritual beliefs in their online lives. This goes for all faiths, equally.

Our members are welcome to express themselves spiritually in all of our forums here.

At the same time, people must be aware that not everyone will share those same beliefs.

We expect our members to show tolerance of others beliefs in a non-judgmental manner.

Naturally this means that any kind of blatantly excessive religious posting or attempts to convince other people that their religion
(or lack thereof) is wrong simply cannot be allowed. Such posts damage the community at large because they can be disruptive.

Our forums are full of a diverse group of people with many different beliefs, and people must respect that
diversity. To keep things as fair as we can we ask that people not make large numbers of posts of a purely religious nature on non-religious threads.

At the same time, if people see threads that involve individuals praying with each other or otherwise sharing to help each other deal with a difficult situation, please remember that people who choose to share their religious feelings in the context of providing support for others should be given that opportunity (as long as it is not intentionally disruptive to other non-religious threads).

If you don't agree with their beliefs, then simply don't participate.

Some communities solve this "religious tolerance" issue the easy way. They simply ban all cases of religious expression. While we could do this also, it flies in the face of what we are trying to provide here &#8211; an open forum for all kinds of dialogue, information and support.

MartialTalk welcomes people of all faiths and does not condone the wholesale condemnation of a faith or the defamatory general characterizations of a faith, based on the actions of a few.

Members are welcome to their opinions however we must insist that they be posted in such a manner as to not condemn an entire group for the negative actions of a few.

Such actions may run afoul of our hate-speech policies and will be dealt with as such.

Please be respectful of your fellow members, who may believe differently than you, yet are still human beings with the right to believe as they do, the same as you and I.

That said, I'll bow out and let a respectful discussion of the possible locations of the crucifixion site, and AOC locations go on.

OP
grumpywolfman

grumpywolfman

Black Belt
Reaction score
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." ~ John 3:16 KJV

[video=youtube_share;S3LK3wIHnVE]http://youtu.be/S3LK3wIHnVE[/video]

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

[video=youtube_share;3pqa-Jd5bkQ]http://youtu.be/3pqa-Jd5bkQ[/video]
I'm sorry, but I cannot take Ron Wyatt seriously. I implore you to find a better evangelization tool. There are many out there that are better than this.

"Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother hath need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him. For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things. Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence towards God. And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight. And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment. And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us." ~ 1 John 3:16-24 KJV
Yes, but regarding God's commandments, see below.

You do realize that evalngelization is prohibited by the terms of service. If the above text is courtesy of Peacewithgod.net, then you are also treading into spam territory. You have been warned about this several times across multiple threads. I'm not offended and I'm not reporting it, but as a mentor, I thought I'd give you a friendly heads up.

Regarding the ten commandments, I have comments and questions of you. I am asking in the spirit of serious discussion. There is no sarcasm.

The Ten Commandments ~ Exodus 20:1-17 KJV

"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
I'm Irish. I've never been to Egypt and neither I nor my anscestors have been in bondage to Egypt. This may seem like I'm niggling or picking, but it is the whole basis for people being required to follow them. God brought the people out of Egypt, displayed his power to them personally and made a covenent with their ancestor, Abraham.

I could cite numerous things that the Irish gods did for Ireland. Why would these not be as compelling a reason to follow their commandments? I could also cite that the Roman Empire considered the British Isles to be a part of the empire, and there are recorded things that Jupiter did for Rome. Why would those things not be as compelling a reason to follow Jupiter's commandments? Jupiter, whose name means, 'heavenly father.'

1. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

Okay. What about beside him? What about after him, in which case he would be the prime god among more than one? Again, this may sound like a snarky remark, but El was the prime god of the Caananite pantheon prior to being conflated with the one god of Judaism.

And if all other gods are vain imaginings, then this commandment makes no sense; God would simply say, 'I am the one and only God. Thou shalt acknowledge none other.

2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; and shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Anyone with photographs, crucifix, crosses, or any other image (including family photos, portraits, pictures of Jesus, etc.) in their possession has already slipped up. Anyone praying before a crucifix, cross, or Christian icon of any sort is guilty of breaking this commandment.

Regarding the rest, jealousy is a mark of insecurity, something an omnipotent, omnicient, and omnipresent god would not possess. And I find the idea of visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation to be utterly ridiculous, immoral and unjust. It is also counter to the morals and ethics presented in the NT.

3. Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

I assume that this has to do with invoking the power of God rather than simply using the word, god, as part of an expression. God is not a name, but a derivative of a Germanic word meaning that which you sacrifice to. Given that, according to Jewish tradition, only the high priest knew what the actual name of God was, I suspect that we're all pretty safe on this.

4. Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work: but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates: for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Good pattern to follow; we all need a day off. But since it is now connected to God's law, rather than just being good advice, and since it is a sin not to keep the sabbath holy, I would like to make the observation that the early Christians changed their day of worship from the sabbath to Sunday to honor the day that Christ rose from the dead. The shift from the sabbath to the first day of the week is seen in Acts.

Personally, I'm fine with the idea that we should follow the pattern of six days of work and one day of rest and worship. But since this a commandment, not a suggestion, then most all of Christendom is in violation weekly.

5. Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Again, this is a good thing to do. But now that it is a commandment, what do you say to the many people who have suffered serious abuse at the hands of one or both parents and cannot honor them? Because they are incapable, are they in violation of God's law?

6. Thou shalt not kill.

Probably better rendered as, 'though shalt not murder.' I can go live with this.

7. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Makes for a better home if you don't. But how are you defining adultery? According to the Pope, my ex wife is commiting adultery because after our civil divorce, she remarried. According to some pastors, our divorce may not have been a "Biblical divorce," in which case they would consider me still married to my ex wife who left of her own accord and remarried.

8. Thou shalt not steal.
Makes for a better society if you don't. Our government should be concerned about divine judgement, however.

9. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
Again, makes for a better society and keeps justice from being corrupted.

10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ***, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."
Be happy with what you've got and don't covet what others have: if everyone obeyed this, we wouldn't be in the consumer debt mess we're in collectively.

Since peacewithgod.net and you are equating the ten commandments with keeping God's commandments as directed in the NT, which was not scripture at the time of its writing, I would like to note that God's commandments include the ten, but are not limited to the ten, as Mosaic law contained many commandments. How much Mosaic law must we keep? Some of it, perhaps much of it, would be problematic today. And as I pointed out above, at least some of the ten commandments are broken on a daily basis by most, if not all, Christians, likely including you.

Defining God's law and God's commandments is not so simple as following the OT.

As for needing Jesus in one's life as one's personal savior, I will cut to the chase. Why do people need him?

Because the doctrine of original sin says that all humankind is fallen, inherently sinful, wicked, and deceitful, and is cursed because two people in the Garden of Eden ate fruit that was off limits to them, rendering them incapable of having a relationship with God and prone to sin.

This is problematic on many levels.

Firstly, Adam was present with Eve and was not duped into eating the fruit as is traditionally believed. Thus both were perfectly happy to sin within the first week of their earthly existence. So how was pre-cursed man spiritually any different from post cursed man?

Secondly, you now have a curse that affects children who are innocent of the sin of Adam & Eve. A curse that makes them prone to sin, which is what God finds intollerable. So by Augustinian theology (that is where this originally comes from), Adam is punished by God for sinning, and his children are cursed by God in such a way that they will automatically lead lives of sin. So much for a just and loving god.

Thirdly, Evangelical theology holds that the only remedy for this curse is to personally accept Jesus as your lord and savior. What about all those who have not been evangelized? The Evangelical answer is that it doesn't matter that they haven't heard of Jesus because they aren't innocent in the first place. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, says Paul in Romans. But the only reason that they aren't innocent and that all have sinned is because God, according to the doctrine of original sin, cursed them to be sinful and to be incapable of being otherwise without Jesus, who they haven't heard of, and thus cannot accept.

There are many other issues with this line of reasoning, but I think these three suffice.

Just for the record, I do believe that people need Jesus, but not for the reasons traditionally given, and not for the purpose of staying out of hell. If you, or anyone else, is curious, they may ask and I'll respond in this thread or via PM, whichever you prefer. But unless people specifically want to know, I'm not inclined offer it unasked.

I believe that. And thank you for the Easter wishes. Mine was very nice and I hope yours was as well.

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Regarding the ten commandments, I have comments and questions of you. I am asking in the spirit of serious discussion. There is no sarcasm.

Okay. What about beside him? What about after him, in which case he would be the prime god among more than one? Again, this may sound like a snarky remark, but El was the prime god of the Caananite pantheon prior to being conflated with the one god of Judaism.
Was addressing the Hebrews

Good pattern to follow; we all need a day off. But since it is now connected to God's law, rather than just being good advice, and since it is a sin not to keep the sabbath holy, I would like to make the observation that the early Christians changed their day of worship from the sabbath to Sunday to honor the day that Christ rose from the dead. The shift from the sabbath to the first day of the week is seen in Acts.

Personally, I'm fine with the idea that we should follow the pattern of six days of work and one day of rest and worship. But since this a commandment, not a suggestion, then most all of Christendom is in violation weekly.
Indeed

Probably better rendered as, 'though shalt not murder.' I can go live with this.
Correct

Since peacewithgod.net and you are equating the ten commandments with keeping God's commandments as directed in the NT, which was not scripture at the time of its writing, I would like to note that God's commandments include the ten, but are not limited to the ten, as Mosaic law contained many commandments. How much Mosaic law must we keep? Some of it, perhaps much of it, would be problematic today. And as I pointed out above, at least some of the ten commandments are broken on a daily basis by most, if not all, Christians, likely including you.
613 in fact

Defining God's law and God's commandments is not so simple as following the OT.
You need Talmud as well

This is problematic on many levels.

Firstly, Adam was present with Eve and was not duped into eating the fruit as is traditionally believed. Thus both were perfectly happy to sin within the first week of their earthly existence. So how was pre-cursed man spiritually any different from post cursed man?

Secondly, you now have a curse that affects children who are innocent of the sin of Adam & Eve. A curse that makes them prone to sin, which is what God finds intollerable. So by Augustinian theology (that is where this originally comes from), Adam is punished by God for sinning, and his children are cursed by God in such a way that they will automatically lead lives of sin. So much for a just and loving god.

Thirdly, Evangelical theology holds that the only remedy for this curse is to personally accept Jesus as your lord and savior. What about all those who have not been evangelized? The Evangelical answer is that it doesn't matter that they haven't heard of Jesus because they aren't innocent in the first place. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, says Paul in Romans. But the only reason that they aren't innocent and that all have sinned is because God, according to the doctrine of original sin, cursed them to be sinful and to be incapable of being otherwise without Jesus, who they haven't heard of, and thus cannot accept.

There are many other issues with this line of reasoning, but I think these three suffice.
There is a school of thought that says that they were meant to eat from the Tree of Knowledge, as it was a test of free-will.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score

So you basically want me to go against everything i believe in because you say so?

The Last Legionary

All warfare is based on deception.<br><b>nemo malu
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by grumpywolfman
1 Please take a close look at God's law,
2 and see your need for Jesus in your life as your personal savior.
3 Be honest with yourself
4 , as difficult as it may be,
5 identify your sins of thoughts, words, and deeds against God's law.
6 Go some place private to pray,
7 open your heart to our Father in heaven,
8 and talk to Him.
9 Admit your sins,
10 repent,
11 and accept Jesus into your life.
12 Ask God,
13 in Christ's name,
14 to forgive and cleanse you of every sin that separates you from His will
15, and finally lay your burdens down.
16 PeaceWithGod.net

1: Already did. It has typos, mistranslations, and severe contradictions.
2: Gardener maybe, Savior, ehhh, nah.
3: Always am
4: It's as easy as my cousin Lucy. She was in the running for gang bang queen, but blew a trany and got disqualified.
5: Oh ****, we'll be here a while, especially that part about plucking out my eye and smoting my cat.
6: I'm at Sears, there's no one there.
7: Wait? We're related? Holy Shmitt!
8: I would but he stopped returning my calls.
9: Well, there's this thing I do a lot, I think it's causing blindness
10: I'm sorry, really.
11: I did. Now he needs to get to work, my rose bushes need a trim
12: Yo!!!!! Zeus!!!!
13: Can yo do that thing with the lighting? Jesus wants to see it.
14: Even that thing I did with my cousing when we were 12 and the power went out.
15: Here, hold this.
16: In SPAMALOT!!!

You're right. I feel so much better. I've forgotten how much better I feel when I'm walking with angels and dancing on McClouds!!

Latest Discussions