Take the test to see how good you are

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
People's Banana Republic of Massachusettstan, Disu
It won't just be the unbelievers it will be anyone that doesn't have the exact brand of religion they have! I was talking to a very nice church of England Can a while back, a gentleman in all senses who said he was made to feel like a heathern by the born again happy clappy lot that were haranguing him. Not nice at all. He has a degree in Divinity but if he tried to say anything he was shouted down. He does a great deal of good work for as many people as he can, whether they are of his faith or not, never tries to convert people, tries to bring comfort where he can in hospitals, prisons,for the homeless etc yet they treated him like dirt. Disgusting.

They're like any other type of bully, they love to feel so self righteous about how theirs is the only way but then when you call them on the flaws in their dogma, Oh, they don't like THAT:

Attachments

• $christianity-explained-god-demotivational-poster-1198455582.jpg
    $christianity-explained-god-demotivational-poster-1198455582.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 246

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's the last poster I'm gonna do because any more would be wasting time on it that does me no good and then would become religion bashing for its own sake instead of being merely anti-idiot. But this kind of thing makes me mad.

Last edited:

Andy Moynihan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

What do you need him for? I'm god.

No, really. I can......I can get a book to say I am...and I can get my dad to vouch for me....oh, OH, and I can do some magic tricks........what? Why don't you believe me........?

(OK, this is too sensitive a subject for me so now I'm being a dick. Leaving thread.)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, we're fresh out. Would you care for a slightly rusty Thunder God left out in the rain a few centuries? Perhaps a Golden Calf only sort of made of brass? I'm sure we can strike a bargain. After all, this is Godz-R-Us! Come on down, we've got a ton of Gods on sale! You want Holy Re-Redemption, you got it - and at half off retail, how can you go wrong? No returns, please, strictly cash-and-carry, if you break it, you bought it! You say you want Peace on Earth? Well, friend, I can offer you Peace on Earth When the Unbelievers' Heads are Cut Off, how's that work for you? Go on, make me an offer! I'm Crazy Bill, the Lunatic Proffit, and I say EVERYTHING MUST GO! It's the Eschaton, folks, so we've got to get this tent right down to the bare canvas walls! Come on down!
Gonna get yourself a stall on the Street of Gods? Be careful; I hear the rents there are sometimes an arm and a leg... literally.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is interesting how the symbolism of being attached to or gaining enlightenment or power from a tree appears across religions, isn't it? Odin was sacrificed upon the World Tree, Christ nailed to the cross, Buddha sat before the bo tree...

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy"

Would the OP care to answer any posts here by any chance?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow, some of these repsonses were as mature, nuanced and intellectually rigorous as the test the OP posted.

Personally, I just answered the question "do you think you're a good person" with a no and moved on.

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, some of these repsonses were as mature, nuanced and intellectually rigorous as the test the OP posted.

Personally, I just answered the question "do you think you're a good person" with a no and moved on.

Pax,

Chris

:rolleyes: Shhh, teachers back in the room.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
:rolleyes: Shhh, teachers back in the room.

Just pointing out that people are crying like babies because someone posts a link they didn't even have to use in the first place and then decide to insult people themselves. Whatever happened to the "just turn it off if you don't want to see it" attitude?

I never got the whole "two wrongs do make a right" thing. YMMV.

By all means, continue with the exercise in open-mindedness.

Pax,

Chris

Thesemindz

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Just pointing out that people are crying like babies because someone posts a link they didn't even have to use in the first place and then decide to insult people themselves. Whatever happened to the "just turn it off if you don't want to see it" attitude?

Pax,

Chris

Jeez Chris. Way to take all the fun out of it. Now I just feel like an ***, thanks a lot.

I say we all turn on Chris for rightly pointing out our hypocrisy.

Booooo. Booooo Chris.

-Rob

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Pax,

Chris

I don't think ANYONE is crying at all, laughing certainly but then posting is a chance thing, people may like what you write or not, as has been said before, you need a thick skin to post. The OP has every chance to come back and argue their case, they have equal posting rights.

By the way my 'Jesus saves' joke came from the Garrison Padre (RC) in light of England's rather dismal performance in the world cup and the other is from 'The Life of Brian' so hardly a 'wrong' to be taken offence at and not worth getting ones knickers in a twist about. I don't think anything or here is.
Most know my religious preferences here so if I can laugh my socks off at the jokes here I can't see why anyone else should be miffed about them.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was looking for a "Salem Witch BBQ" grfx I saw a while back, but that'll do for now.

No problem with anyone posting religious, but I reject the idea that if I don't fit your mold I'm somehow bad. I don't believe there is any right faith, just a right faith for you.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think ANYONE is crying at all, laughing certainly but then posting is a chance thing, people may like what you write or not, as has been said before, you need a thick skin to post. The OP has every chance to come back and argue their case, they have equal posting rights.

The fact that people didn't like the OP's posting has resulted in all sorts of narrow minded attempts at "humor" at the expense of some other group perseived to be somehow involved in a single person's actions. A cursory perusal of the thread should make that obvious. You might pass it off as "laughter" but it seems apparent to me to be more than a small case of annoyance at the OP.

Frankly, I personally thought the OP was nothing more than a troll. To stoop to insulting a religion (even if you want to argue it's only a particular denomination) over the actions of one person seems a bit telling. It does a lot of things. Bespeaking maturity, to say nothing of courtesy, is not one of them. But then we're martial artists and aren't interested in those things.

By the way my 'Jesus saves' joke came from the Garrison Padre (RC) in light of England's rather dismal performance in the world cup and the other is from 'The Life of Brian' so hardly a 'wrong' to be taken offence at and not worth getting ones knickers in a twist about. I don't think anything or here is.

The source of the comments are irrelevant (and simply being a priest is meaningless; as I've told many people many times: "Reception of holy orders never cured anyone of being a jackass." The priest to whom you refer could be a great guy or a jerk. I don't know or care.). It's how you use them that matters. You are the first I have seen who has tried to present The Life of Brian in a positive light when it comes to religion, however. Now that is humorous! :)) I hardly have my "knickers" in a twist. I'm just pointing out the double standard that is being presented here. Or are those OK when you're putting it to someone else who has happened to annoy you?

Most know my religious preferences here so if I can laugh my socks off at the jokes here I can't see why anyone else should be miffed about them.

I don't know them nor do I care. I have a rather good sense of humor when it comes to my own relgion. There's tons of things that can be legitimately funny about it (and almost every faith, frnakly). Not much of that kind of atitude was present in the thread.

Feel free to ignore my comments and return to your open minded insults, Tez.

Pax,

Chris

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jeez Chris. Way to take all the fun out of it. Now I just feel like an ***, thanks a lot.

I say we all turn on Chris for rightly pointing out our hypocrisy.

Booooo. Booooo Chris.

-Rob

Sorry!

I am sure, however, that there will be plenty of people who will ignore my narrow minded diviseness and continue to engage in their multicultural, diversity-praising insults.

Pax,

Chris

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Actually Chris, I think it's less 'pick on religion' and more 'make fun of the perceived spammer'....which is the only reason we've let this go on.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually Chris, I think it's less 'pick on religion' and more 'make fun of the perceived spammer'....which is the only reason we've let this go on.

Exactly.

The Jesus saves is a harmless and very well known joke in the UK, it insults no one, it puts Jesus in a contemporary situation therefore bringing him to the attention of people who may not have thought of him before. It shows the Padre to have a sense of humour which soldiers can appreciate, in fact he has spent many long days and nights bringing comfort to the families of the many soldiers we've had killed since April ( 2 this week) and the families of the many more wounded we've had here. We don't share a religion but he has my utmost respect and if he says it's alright with his religion then it's alright by me and up anyone who nay says him.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score

Which was done by insulting religion, not the spammer. Unless those posts of the "motivational posters" were insulting the spammer and not Christianity. That's just the examples off the top of my head without going back through the thread.

People don't like the OP or his post? Great. Insulting another religion? Not great. I'd hazard to say that even if people "only" insulted the OP that wouldn't be great. Perhaps understandable but certainly not great. Unless, of course, Martial Arts are to teach us to belittle those we disagree. If that is the case people should feel free to carry on. The high road is for losers, after all.

Pax,

Chris

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which was done by insulting religion, not the spammer. Unless those posts of the "motivational posters" were insulting the spammer and not Christianity. That's just the examples off the top of my head without going back through the thread.

People don't like the OP or his post? Great. Insulting another religion? Not great. I'd hazard to say that even if people "only" insulted the OP that wouldn't be great. Perhaps understandable but certainly not great. Unless, of course, Martial Arts are to teach us to belittle those we disagree. If that is the case people should feel free to carry on. The high road is for losers, after all.

Pax,

Chris

Nah, it teaches us to knock them out or behead them depending on art.

Latest Discussions