Court: 15-year-old girls can marry

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kacey said:
The age difference bothers me as much, if not more than, the actual ruling on age.

Hmm... this not so much with me... as her actual age...

I wouldnt think much of the age difference between a 60 year old marrying a 30 year old... in fact I have dated as much as 11 years below my own age...

But taking her actual age into consideration... that should be more disturbing than the actual DIFFERENCE in their ages.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
Hmm... this not so much with me... as her actual age...

I wouldnt think much of the age difference between a 60 year old marrying a 30 year old... in fact I have dated as much as 11 years below my own age...

But taking her actual age into consideration... that should be more disturbing than the actual DIFFERENCE in their ages.

That's pretty much what I meant. At 15, she is a child - and for common-law marriage, they have to have considered themselves married for a period of time, which means this probably started when she was 14 or earlier... which is why she's 18 and the case is ongoing; if it's determined it was not a common-law marriage, then hubby is guilty of statutory rape, because she was under 18, and he was more than 4 years older than she was.

Latest Discussions