Controversial Reports About Bruce Lee

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im ok with this mostly. I’m not a rabid fan, but comparing him to Cosby or R Kelly isn’t even close to being fair. I do get your point, but R. Kelly? Yikes.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Im ok with this mostly. I’m not a rabid fan, but comparing him to Cosby or R Kelly isn’t even close to being fair. I do get your point, but R. Kelly? Yikes.

I'm guessing you're a Michael Jackson fan, since you didn't express any objections there?

At any rate, I separated R Kelly from Bill Cosby and Michael Jackson to make a point. His level of celebrity isn't enough for people to be in denial about his flaws as a human being.

I'm not comparing Bruce Lee's flaws to theirs. I'm just saying that he had the level of celebrity for people to be shocked upon learning of them.

I'm fairly certain that were it not for Sugar Ray Leonard publicly admitting to beating his wife during their entire marriage, the public would have equally been shocked and there'd be some cognitive dissonance there too.

Humans suck. Every last one of us is capable of committing an act that would make us fall short of being a respectable person. Some people aren't ready to give up that reverence so quickly.

isshinryuronin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Every last one of us is capable of committing an act that would make us fall short of being a respectable person.
Not only capable, but culpable - who hasn't done such a thing? The main things are: Did we feel remorse or shame? Did we endeavor not to repeat it? Did we learn from it? Did we try to make amends? These post act things are just as, or more, defining of our humanity than the act itself.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're a Michael Jackson fan, since you didn't express any objections there?

At any rate, I separated R Kelly from Bill Cosby and Michael Jackson to make a point. His level of celebrity isn't enough for people to be in denial about his flaws as a human being.

I'm not comparing Bruce Lee's flaws to theirs. I'm just saying that he had the level of celebrity for people to be shocked upon learning of them.

I'm fairly certain that were it not for Sugar Ray Leonard publicly admitting to beating his wife during their entire marriage, the public would have equally been shocked and there'd be some cognitive dissonance there too.

Humans suck. Every last one of us is capable of committing an act that would make us fall short of being a respectable person. Some people aren't ready to give up that reverence so quickly.
Fair enough. I’m no Michael Jackson fan, not including him was purely accidental.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just as a note.
The show Histories Mysteries did a sow on the death of Bruce Lee and it was pretty good and came up with what I feel is responsible. And it was done based on medical reports and science

Histories Mysteries: The Death of Bruce Lee
What was their cause of death finding? I have heard a host of stories. Hashish, exhaustion, family curses, mak dim, etc etc.

Urban Trekker

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Mak dim? The Reversed Dim Mak? You strike someone just so, and 5 hours later they're fine but you die?

Among all those funny memes going around about how badass Chuck Norris is, there's one about him that says something about this being how Bruce Lee died. So "mak dim" is what it's called...

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Oh....my....God, that was funny!
Lee Jun Fan, the gift that keeps on giving from beyond the grave.

If I ever had a seance with Bruce Lee, I'd ask him how he kept all that muscle mass while trying to one up Steve McQueen to see who was the bigger coke fiend.

1634010175159.png

Based on his actual cause of death (a swollen brain), I'm gonna guess Bruce won and lost at the same time.

1634009693468.png

Latest Discussions