consulate in Benghazi

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this was under Bushes watch...don't even disgrace yourself by saying the press would have acted the same way.

Just how many Americans were killed under Bushes watch? He financially ruined our great nation with "his" un-needed Iraq war and he's the one that caused the world to hate us.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
SO? You still dont address the medias silence...

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You mean how many were killed while past Presidents and congresses (esp. Bill "the sex predator," clinton) failed to address radical islamic terrorism even after the Cole, the first attack on the twin towers, the attacks on our African Embassies, the Kobar towers bombing? You don't do all of those things to people you like. The world didn't like us then, they don't like us now because we are independent and dislike their ways of life, as they do ours. A lot of them didn't like us because in just over 200 short years we surpassed them in every way.

The financial ruin wasn't from the wars, it was from corrupt practices from congress and past Presidents that came to a head during Bush's term. Remember, obama was in congress when the mess was building to a head and he voted "present," on trying to fix them.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you blame the predident for the deaths in Begahzi but you don't blame the former president for the deaths in Iraq?

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So you blame the predident for the deaths in Begahzi but you don't blame the former president for the deaths in Iraq?

I think we're getting off-track here. This is the 'worse criminal' argument. Don't look at the criminal I like, he's not as bad as the criminal you like. The point isn't how bad a different President was. The point is what's happening now.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score

http://antiwar.com/casualties/
American Military Casualties in Iraq Total In Combat
1st column-TOTAL / 2nd column-IN COMBAT
Since war began (3/19/03):

Since "Mission Accomplished" (5/1/03) (the list)
Since Handover (6/29/04):
Since Obama Inauguration (1/20/09):
Since Operation New Dawn:
American Wounded
Official
Estimated
Total Wounded:
Over 100000

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This whole situation seems very strange to me. It's a good bet we'll never have all of the information. Suffice to say, I think it's logical to say that I don't know what happened.

That said, since the government is involved, my guess is someone is lying and trying to cover something up.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bengahzi is a tragic and unfortunate situation. Compared to our recent presidents past it rates very low on bad things that have happened.

What im seeing more than anything is a political smokecreen to drumm up votes for the election. I know, I know off topic.

I see posts asking about the silence but you don't like the response. Whatever. Im waisting my time.

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Bengahzi is a tragic and unfortunate situation. Compared to our recent presidents past it rates very low on bad things that have happened.

What im seeing more than anything is a political smokecreen to drumm up votes for the election. I know, I know off topic.

I see posts asking about the silence but you don't like the response. Whatever. Im waisting my time.

It's not a matter of not liking the response. The matter is that you are throwing in a red herring.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
[/URL]
Which was my original point.

I guess my question for anyone interested would be, how do you think the investigation is going?
Some insight below
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/16/w...nghazi-investigation.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

My next question was, how do you think the investigation is going?

I can't wait until tonight for the debates.
The next best thing is to try and convince the country that none of it happened, or, if it did happen, some how it was the US fault.

Answer, cover up.

My feelings exactly....
The only reason I put this Fox news piece up is because no other news outlet is giving Chip Woods, the father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, any air time.

This guy wants answers, and any red blooded American should went them too..................

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

People on BOTH sides die when fighting a war. Far fewer die when one side, with decisive edge militarily and financially actually FIGHT to win and aren't hamstrung by wussies in congress...
No Islamic Terrorists attacked Consulates during Bush's term... No American ambassadors were murdered by terrorists during Bush's term... Bush didn't go to Vegas September 12 2001, Obama did go to Vegas September 12 2012...
HUGE difference

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This whole situation seems very strange to me. It's a good bet we'll never have all of the information. Suffice to say, I think it's logical to say that I don't know what happened.

That said, since the government is involved, my guess is someone is lying and trying to cover something up.
Most Transparent Presidency EVAR!!11!!

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
People on BOTH sides die when fighting a war. Far fewer die when one side, with decisive edge militarily and financially actually FIGHT to win and aren't hamstrung by wussies in congress...
No Islamic Terrorists attacked Consulates during Bush's term... No American ambassadors were murdered by terrorists during Bush's term... Bush didn't go to Vegas September 12 2001, Obama did go to Vegas September 12 2012...
HUGE difference

Quite right, Big Don. Instead 3000 people were killed on George Bush's watch (yes, 9/11 was on Bush's watch) and a war started that shouldn't have been that killed more than 4000 more Americans. Also, Mr Bush took more vacation time than any other president. So stop with the revisionist history. Yes, there might be something to the Bengahzi attacks that makes Obama look bad. That is why they actually have the investigation, to find out the facts. To act as if Bush had no problems on his watch that cost American lives though...that's just plain dishonest or ignorant, or both.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, there might be something to the Bengahzi attacks that makes Obama look bad.
The sun MIGHT come up tomorrow...
I defy you or anyone to explain how going to Vegas to campaign was doing the right thing.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Smart Diplomacy does NOT include letting your ambassadors get murdered and your consulates stormed.
The Most Transparent Presidency Ever is sure good at stonewalling.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
...and it seems some conservatives are very good at forgetting thier own foibles while casting dispersions about something they obviously have little knowledge on.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
...and it seems some conservatives are very good at forgetting thier own foibles while casting dispersions about something they obviously have little knowledge on.

Dude, look at the top of the screen. The thread's title is Consulate in Benghazi, not, George W Bush is a poopy head.
Why not try addressing the topic at hand rather than whining about how much of a meany Bush was?

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
HUGE difference

Sorry Don, you don't get to have it both ways. If in your arguement you bring up Bush, then you shouldn't squack and cry foul when that argument is turned against you.

As far as Benghazi, once again you don't know what happened. Try waiting for facts before you start condemning people, even politicians you don't like. As far as smart diplomacy, Clinton and Obama have done a far better job than the previous administration...especially if you use American body counts as a marker.

Latest Discussions