consulate in Benghazi

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Nation has weighed in with a defense of sorts. Unfortunately, no one is going to buy this except die-hard liberal sycophants and operatives.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...t-post-on-us-politics-and-the-benghazi-attack

Did Obama and his subordinates make mistakes in the aftermath? Undoubtedly. They should have said less, and what they did say should have made it clear that information was still coming in. They should have admitted uncertainty and caution, never mind that uncertainty doesn’t play well in the middle of a reelection campaign. Those missteps may have harmed the president politically, and did lead to confusion among the US public at large. But is it relevant to the efforts to find the killers, and to address the security missteps that left the US operation in Benghazi so vulnerable? No.

First, let's make it clear what The Nation is saying above. They don't like to use the words, but they are saying that the President knowingly lied. Yes, that's what they are grudgingly admitting to, through gritted teeth. But they are then trying to turn this around and say IT DOESN'T MATTER that the President lied, because it won't harm efforts to catch the killers.

Yes, we have to catch the killers.

We also have to know what the President knew and when he knew it, and we have to get to the bottom of why the Embassy requested aid and got none while the White House watched the situation live on TV in the Situation Room from an overhead drone and did nothing. THAT is what we have to know.

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There may have been a spectre gunship on site as well...

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...s_our_citizens_were_murdered_in_benghazi.html

CBS reported late last week that the Benghazi debacle was being surveyed by a Spectre gunship that could have turned the tide.
Fox News is now reporting that, in fact, an AC 130 Spectre was overhead, and the motor team who eventually killed our SEALs was painted with a laser for pinpoint counter-battery fire...and yet nothing was done.
The security officer had a laser on the target that was firing and repeatedly requested back-up support from a Spectre gunship, which is commonly used by U.S. Special Operations forces to provide support to Special Operations teams on the ground involved in intense firefights[.] ...
According to sources on the ground during the attack, the special operator on the roof of the CIA annex had visual contact and a laser pointing at the Libyan mortar team that was targeting the CIA annex. The operators were calling in coordinates of where the Libyan forces were firing from.

Spectre.png

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Nation has weighed in with a defense of sorts. Unfortunately, no one is going to buy this except die-hard liberal sycophants and operatives.

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-n...t-post-on-us-politics-and-the-benghazi-attack

First, let's make it clear what The Nation is saying above. They don't like to use the words, but they are saying that the President knowingly lied. Yes, that's what they are grudgingly admitting to, through gritted teeth. But they are then trying to turn this around and say IT DOESN'T MATTER that the President lied, because it won't harm efforts to catch the killers.

Yes, we have to catch the killers.

We also have to know what the President knew and when he knew it, and we have to get to the bottom of why the Embassy requested aid and got none while the White House watched the situation live on TV in the Situation Room from an overhead drone and did nothing. THAT is what we have to know.

Thats the same meme the POTUS is going with:

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...-on-Libya-attack?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

Avoid the "who denied aid" part and divert it to the "we will bring the attackers to justice" meme...they could have written his script.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

The American Thinker blog is exaggerating what Fox New said. Read the linked article, they are claiming Fox said something they did not. There was no Spectre overhead as AT is claiming. But there was a Spectre within distance to have made a difference if it had been dispatched.

That's the biggest problem I've always had with these ultra-right blogs; they distort and ignore what's being reported, or just flat out make up stuff that isn't true.

The truth is bad enough in this case. There is no reason to make up crap to make it seem even worse. Not you, I mean A.T.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
Bill, why I am not commenting on this is because I believe most of this is just political. In two weeks many people pushing this story will no longer care about it. Then the investigation can continue without the political pressure and truth will come out, whatever that may be. I think right now there are a lot of supposition not supported by fact. If when the investigation is made public, and it is known that the president withheld help to Benghazi, I'll join you in condemning him for that non-action. If it comes out that the president is not directly responsible, then I'll support him.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill, why I am not commenting on this is because I believe most of this is just political. In two weeks many people pushing this story will no longer care about it. Then the investigation can continue without the political pressure and truth will come out, whatever that may be. I think right now there are a lot of supposition not supported by fact. If when the investigation is made public, and it is known that the president withheld help to Benghazi, I'll join you in condemning him for that non-action. If it comes out that the president is not directly responsible, then I'll support him.

My anger is not political. I'm still not voting for Romney. My anger is based on what I am now perceiving as the President telling lies and knowing they were lies - tell me *that's* not political, given the election season.

I'm really really angry, which I said weeks ago when this happened, and now I'm getting even madder.

And I'm not playing quarterback for the GOP, because they're not getting my vote; not now, not ever.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lame...

The whole "You tube" story..thats been forgotten too...and a guy is sitting in solitary for his "role in this attack". Political? You betcha!

Drones watched as 2 SEALS who disobeyed orders to stay out, in order to save lives, were killed while asking for help that was denied. Political? Sure was.

Ya'll just want to backburner this fiasco till after the election to help out O...facts? Please.

OP
seasoned

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
On Friday’s “America Live” on the Fox News Channel, Chip Woods, the father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods said the lack of response from the Obama administration on Sept. 11, 2012 showed “cowardice.” And he labeled as “murderers” the administration officials who stalled the decision to act immediately to the terrorist attack that claimed his son’s life, and lied about it afterward.
While Woods disapproves of the White House’s response to the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, he told host Megyn Kelly that his decision to speak out had nothing to do with politics.
“This is not about politics,” Woods said. “If it were about politics it would dishonor my son’s death. This has to do with (honor, integrity, justice.)”

My feelings exactly....
The only reason I put this Fox news piece up is because no other new outlet is giving Chip Woods, the father of slain Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, any air time.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Factcheck.org is now weighing on the matter. While not able to make a determination about who knew what when, they make it clear what the timeline is, and they make it clear that liberal attempts to pretend that President Obama did NOT blame the attack on the Youtube video are false.

http://factcheck.org/2012/10/benghazi-timeline/

We cannot say whether the administration was intentionally misleading the public. We cannot prove intent. There is also more information to come — both from the FBI, which is conducting an investigation, and Congress, which has been holding hearings.

But, at this point, we do know that Obama and others in the administration were quick to cite the anti-Muslim video as the underlying cause for the attack in Benghazi that killed four U.S. diplomats, including U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens. And they were slow to acknowledge it was a premeditated terrorist attack, and they downplayed reports that it might have been.

I like Factcheck, and I trust them. I admire the fact that they're not saying things that cannot at this point be proven, but they have the courage to speak the truth; whether it hurts the left or the right.

They say this is what's happening, and this is what's happening.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As to Panetta's "Monday Morning Quarterback" line, had those who were supposed to safeguard our people and consulate done their jobs, rather than whatever they were doing, there would be no need for "Monday morning quarterbacking."

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Actually, I think Glen Beck was the first media person to talk to the father. His comments on obama, hillary and the crass comment by biden went out from there.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Been watching cnn, msnbc anf fox news this morning. Nobodies talking about bengahzi. Its all about the race and the east coast storm.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Reaction score
Finally fox reported briefly. Tomorrow 3pm they have their special report. I don't believe half of what's on the net. If its credible it will make the Sunday morning politic shows.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good Lord, Joe. Shut your damned mouth.

http://www.examiner.com/article/joe-biden-tells-parents-of-seal-killed-benghazi-their-son-had-balls

The language of condolence, it has been observed, has a limited vocabulary. Leave if to Vice President Joe “B.F.D.” Biden to attempt to expand those horizons. Standing over the coffins of the four Americans killed in Benghazi in the terrorist raid of Sept. 11, Biden rhetorically asked the grieving parents of one of the slain service members, “Did your son always have balls the size of cue balls?”

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Some points on obama and Bhengazi...

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamas-september-11-phone-call_658027.html

What was President Obama doing Tuesday evening, September 11, while Americans were under assault in Benghazi? Which of his national security team did he meet with, whom did he speak with, what directives did he issue? So far, the White House won't say.
But we do know one thing the president found time to do that evening: He placed a call to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu in order to defuse a controversy about President Obama's refusal to meet with Netanyahu two weeks later at the U.N. General Assembly, and, according to the White House announcement that evening, spent an hour on the phone with him:

While Americans were under assault in Benghazi, the president found time for a non-urgent, politically useful, hour-long call to Prime Minister Netanyahu. And his senior national staff had to find time to arrange the call, brief the president for the call, monitor it, and provide an immediate read-out to the media. I suspect Prime Minister Netanyahu, of all people, would have understood the need to postpone or shorten the phone call if he were told that Americans were under attack as the president chatted. But for President Obama, a politically useful telephone call—and the ability to have his aides rush out and tell the media about that phone call—came first.
So here are a few more questions for the White House: While President Obama was on the phone for an hour, did his national security advisor Tom Donilon or any other aide interrupt the call or slip him a piece of paper to inform him about what was happening in Benghazi? Or was President Obama out of the loop for at least an hour as events unfolded and decisions were made? On the other hand, national security staff were obviously with the president during and immediately after the phone call—otherwise how could they have put out their statement right away? Surely his aides told the president about what was happening in Benghazi. Was there then no discussion of what was or what wasn't being done to help, pursuant to the president's first directive that everything possible be done?

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'm a real fan of Brit Hume. He and Tony Snow were the real journalists on Sunday morning. The Bhengazi situation just shows it even more...the embedded video is Hume tallking about the main stream media's lack of interest in the Bhengazi attack...

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-...rkably-reticent-pursue-benghazi-cover-burden-

That reticence extended to Sunday’s talk shows. While Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace raised Benghazi, and the newest revelations about how requests for support by CIA operatives on the ground were rejected, with four U.S. Senators (Democrats Mark Warner and Mark Udall, Republicans Rob Portman and Ron Johnson), none of the hosts of the ABC, CBS or NBC shows bothered to bring it up.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If this was under Bushes watch...don't even disgrace yourself by saying the press would have acted the same way.

Latest Discussions