conflict of interest?

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
They only posted one of marks 3 fights. Well edited too. There are two shown but they are the same.

Um, there are 2 fights posted. And well edited? Are you implying that they edited it to make Mark look better? As with all the fights, they cut out the resting periods between rounds, and they cut out the delay when the judges were looking at the video replay. Other than that, its a continuous shot.

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Yes for the record if anybody acted in approbiate it would change my mind about them, TKD is more than fighting it is a way of life. Characture always counts and for the record I only had positive things to say about Javier, like he is an inspiation to all of us, where do you read something else into it?

Now as far as the Lopez goes never said did not like them, hell I have with ny famly sat down and had dinner with Jean and his wife. My son looks up to Steven and has since San Antonio years ago when he meet him. We all are entitle to our opinion about the level of competition years ago, even in my days competition was not like today, theyare bigger, faster and have more knowledge than we did. You really need to relax and stop trying to read more into what is said. I hope you have a better day :asian:

I don't see how you guys can sit here and gripe all day about fairness and bias and talk about how the fighters should be judged on how well they fight, rather than who they are friends with. Yet all of your opinions on these guys you express here are based on exactly that. Who do you like personally. Who is friends with you. Who was nice to you. Who did you have dinner with. Who shows you the respect you think you deserve. Its the same crap that goes on with the judges and the board of directors. Say we get rid of the guys in charge. Who will we replace them with? I seriously hope its none of you guys, because its just going to be the same bias all over again. Same story every time. The Koreans did it all through the 80s and 90s. They finally got thrown out, and the Lopez buddies got put in. Now looks like that group has run things into the ground, so a new equally full of it group will take its place.

I don't care how these guys treat me. I don't care who I ate dinner with. I care about how they perform in the ring.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't see how you guys can sit here and gripe all day about fairness and bias and talk about how the fighters should be judged on how well they fight, rather than who they are friends with. Yet all of your opinions on these guys you express here are based on exactly that. Who do you like personally. Who is friends with you. Who was nice to you. Who did you have dinner with. Who shows you the respect you think you deserve. Its the same crap that goes on with the judges and the board of directors. Say we get rid of the guys in charge. Who will we replace them with? I seriously hope its none of you guys, because its just going to be the same bias all over again. Same story every time. The Koreans did it all through the 80s and 90s. They finally got thrown out, and the Lopez buddies got put in. Now looks like that group has run things into the ground, so a new equally full of it group will take its place.

I don't care how these guys treat me. I don't care who I ate dinner with. I care about how they perform in the ring.

Once again you are reading way to much into what is being said. I will make it simple to you, No-matter what sport if an athlete acks inapprobiate it would cause me to loose respect for them. I am not asking anybody to respect me personally and those that know me would agree, what I am saying is I have no ill feeling toward any of the Lopezs or anybody else. What I would like to see is our top athletes competing at the US Open since our CEO is asking other countrys to send there top people and use this as a warm up. Does that not make sense to you?

OP
M

msmitht

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Back to the subject : DO YOU THINK THE NATIONAL TEAM COACH SHOULD BE COACHING AT TEAM TRIALS?
And btw, the 2 fights posted are the same. Why didn't they post the other 2. Why did t.curry have to fight 7 matches before fighting a fresh m.lopez? I can understand seeding, he is m.lopez after all. But a round robin fight off where the winner, who has been on the mat for 42 min aready, has to fight a fresh mark? Doesn't sound fair.

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Back to the subject : DO YOU THINK THE NATIONAL TEAM COACH SHOULD BE COACHING AT TEAM TRIALS?
And btw, the 2 fights posted are the same. Why didn't they post the other 2. Why did t.curry have to fight 7 matches before fighting a fresh m.lopez? I can understand seeding, he is m.lopez after all. But a round robin fight off where the winner, who has been on the mat for 42 min aready, has to fight a fresh mark? Doesn't sound fair.

I would say NO they would be bias, plain and simple. They have to be seperation to make everything fair for all competitors.

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
No

And btw, the 2 fights posted are the same. Why didn't they post the other 2.
They are NOT the same. One video, Mark is in blue and tj is in red. The other video, Mark is in red, tj is in blue.

Why did t.curry have to fight 7 matches before fighting a fresh m.lopez? I can understand seeding, he is m.lopez after all. But a round robin fight off where the winner, who has been on the mat for 42 min aready, has to fight a fresh mark? Doesn't sound fair.
Not fair at all. Either put the top seeded fighter in the round-robin, or hold the final between the round robin winner and the top seed at a different date at least a month later.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No

They are NOT the same. One video, Mark is in blue and tj is in red. The other video, Mark is in red, tj is in blue.

Not fair at all. Either put the top seeded fighter in the round-robin, or hold the final between the round robin winner and the top seed at a different date at least a month later.

Do you only post when you get a chance to swing on the Lopez's Nutz?

Is this MARK?

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
That sounded quite reasonable, and not like he was swinging on the Lopez's nuts.

Sorry, used the wrong Quote.... ? still applies....

Oh god, I feel like such an idiot having to continuously defend the Lopezs of all people.

Jean Lopez won silver in the 1995 world championships and gold at the 1994 Pan Am games.

And competition back then not like it is today? Sure, the competition level is always increasing, and looking back on 15 or 20 years ago some of it looks silly. But I don't understand why you choose to downplay the success of Jean Lopez. I see Jimmy Kim and Arlene Limas brought up around her all the time, and each time nothing but respect and admiration for their accomplishments is given, and not once have I ever heard anyone say, "Yea, well back when Arlene won at the Olympics the competition wasn't what it is today"

Seriously man. . . What is with you guys and your efforts to downplay others success simply because you have personal issues with them?

texkwondo

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, used the wrong Quote.... ? still applies....

What was it about that post you found objectionable? I mean, the guy won a silver at the world championships and certain members are brushing it off like its no big deal.

Why am I the only non-bias voice of reason here? Why am I the only one not judging an athlete's performance based on how nice they are to me and how many times they bought me dinner?

The Lopez hate is completely ridiculous. Doesn't matter what they do, you will always find something to complain about. Its always been like that. Completely irrational. Terry once accused Chris Martinez of losing to Mark on purpose at the Olympic team trials finals. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Last edited:

terryl965

MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What was it about that post you found objectionable? I mean, the guy won a silver at the world championships and certain members are brushing it off like its no big deal.

Why am I the only non-bias voice of reason here? Why am I the only one not judging an athlete's performance based on how nice they are to me and how many times they bought me dinner?

The Lopez hate is completely ridiculous. Doesn't matter what they do, you will always find something to complain about. Its always been like that. Completely irrational. Terry once accused Chris Martinez of losing to Mark on purpose at the Olympic team trials finals. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

My lord man please get a life and get over yourself, we have been over this countless times. I sometimes wonder do you even have a clue what is truely being said.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What was it about that post you found objectionable??

Just that you ONLY post when its about the LOPEZ's...

So either your swinging ....:boing2: :boing2:, or Mark. I dont think Steve would care to post and Jean seems a little pre-occupied to post.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Non-bias...dude...Mark's testicles are swollen beyond recognition because you swing from them so much. You can't stand Aaron Cook even though it has been shown that he deserves his place in the spotlight just as much if not more than Lopez and yet you still swing left and right saying how he was lucky or his techniques are no good. Sorry but you are about as non-biased as a KLA member is towards the Japanese.

Latest Discussions