Common expressions that are wrong....

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
Ukraine is in Europe, you don't have that for a start. The countries in Europe are very different from each other, you are all Americans but each European country is their own nationality of course. It's more than laws or customs that make countries different.
The continent of North America though includes Canada which is not the US 😁
The states tend to be very different from each other.
My gf lived in New England, and Florida but was amazed at the cultural differences from either here in the Midwest.
The idea that California, Texas, and Massachusetts all have the same culture is pretty funny.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gf lived in New England, and Florida but was amazed at the cultural differences from either here in the Midwest.
The idea that California, Texas, and Massachusetts all have the same culture is pretty funny.
Who said they had the same culture? Not me. I said in the US they are all Americans, it's nothing to do with culture but nationality.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Who said they had the same culture? Not me. I said in the US they are all Americans, it's nothing to do with culture but nationality.
The line "The countries in Europe are very different from each other" in response to a statement that there is a lot of differences from one state to another, implies that you think the states (and presumably their cultures) are not different from each other.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of people (for example, many Texans) who will adamantly deny that they are actually part of America.
Sort of like some Irish. Or Scots.

GojuTommy

Black Belt
Reaction score
There’s was something in the comment about Europe having different cultures therefore it wasn’t the same as the US.

To me the EU seems to be similar to the US under the articles of confederation and I bet Europe as a whole becomes much closer under the EU in the next 50 years or so.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s was something in the comment about Europe having different cultures therefore it wasn’t the same as the US.

To me the EU seems to be similar to the US under the articles of confederation and I bet Europe as a whole becomes much closer under the EU in the next 50 years or so.

😂😂😂😂😂