Coffee, Tea or ?

Coffee, Tea or other? What do you drink and how?

• Regular Coffee (Folgers, Maxwell house, etc)

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Regular Tea (Liptons, Salada, etc)

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Green Tea

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Specialty Coffee (Coffee Shop and Cafes like StarBucks)

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • Specialty Tea (Tea House, Coffee Shop)

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Soda / Pop (Pepsi, Coke, etc)

Votes: 21 48.8%
  • Sports Drinks

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Tap Water

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Bottled and Specialty Water

Votes: 20 46.5%
  • Other - Please Specify

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Out of curiosity I'm wondering what people are drinking.
This is the non-alchoholic stuff, so Bud isn't an option. :)

This is partially also market research for a project I'm involved in.

This is Multiple Choice, so please pick all that apply. If possible, please elaberate on your choices.

Thank you!
:)

S

Spud

Good fresh ground coffee, not the institutional garbage. Black. No need for latte's, but an americano (esspresso and hot water) will do.

Green Tea or Yerba Matte if I can't get good coffee (carry the tea bags with me)

Tap water, but will buy bottle water if I hit a c-store and that's my only option.

Cola or Red Bull if I'm feeling like I need a jolt.

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folgers Dark Roast at home.. though once in blue moon a fancy flavored coffee..
Fat free French vanilla creamer in my coffee .. no sugar other than what's in the above ..
Used to drink it black but my tummy can't tolerate that anymore.

I haven't had a carbonated drink *soda* in Years..
After about noonish I switch from coffee to *growls at the discontinuation of Fruitworks* Tropicana Peach Papaya or Juicy Juice..
Also drink Flavored non carbonated waters.. AquaCal is good stuff.. has no calories, no sodium.. but does have Vit C and Calcium fortification.

Green Tea outta the add your own water to the premix.. Sometimes Raspberry Tea

Cappucino once in a great while.. kinda rich and not an everyday beverage.

Not into Starbucks or fancy schmancy coffees.. though when we peruse Borders Books.. have to make a visit to the coffee bar and procur a Frozen coffee :)

Good luck on your adventure Bob~!!

Me

K

KenpoGirl

At home, I mostly drink juices, ice tea and water, when I do drink something hot. It's not usually a regular tea or coffee, but I do have them available. I usually drink flavoured coffees (ie hazelnut, irish cream) and Teas, (ie Green, vanillia (my fav), and green teas like jasmine etc.)

If I go out to a coffee shop, I'll drink simillar to above, plus capachinos hot and cold, etc.. Also especially durring the winter months, don't forget Hot Chocolates.

Dot
:boing2:
too much caffine

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
We get our coffee from www.coffeeam.com We buy Ethiopian Yrgacheff by the 5 pound bag, which lasts about 3 weeks for the two of us, and grind it fresh. We will also buy a pound of some other good coffee when we order, and maybe a pound of decaf. We are coffee achievers.

Now, when I buy coffee out, I think Dunkin Donuts is pretty good for a buck and a half. Only occassionally will we splurge for a mochachino/cappuchino sissy coffee at Starbucks ... usually while we are at the local Barnes & Noble.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Folgers Columbian Coffee every morning with a splash of fat free french vanilla cream and skim milk.

A glass of skim milk with breakfast and dinner.

Tap water all day.

In the car - bottled water and/or Diet Pepsi

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Coffee almost any brand (about 8 cups a day) But fresh ground when I can get it
Tea black and strong
Soda (way to much soda)
spring water when posible , if not tap or bottled

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For me, I drink milk (plenty of it), Powerade (mountain blast is my favorite flavor), and plain water. My husband prefers (addicted) to drink caffeinated pops, so I do drink these once in a while, but pop isn't my favorite.

- Ceicei

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I drink mostly fruit juices ( Cran-type and OJ ) and water.

I do have the occasional beer on Friday or a hot cider once in a while.

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Was in Europe for a spell, and learned to appreciate real coffee there. Can't stand "American" coffee (used to be a saying among the Europeans in mixed company groups: "don't let the americans make the coffee".). I do without if Folgers and other Amderican industrial/commercial roasts are all that's available. Also, either try to drink about 10 cups green tea per day, or supplement with powdered green and white tea caps.

Dring spring water. Also, when the whole "alkaline foods are good for you" fad hit the diet world, I pH tested bottled waters, and found Volvic and Evian to be the most alkaline. Would have poo-poo'd the whole thing, but have noticed improved recovery times and decreased bruising and tenderness when I drink high-alkaline content waters and foods (i.e., "cold green soups", Barley and Algae greens, wheat grass, etc.). If I start to get a zit, I can pound a bunch of super-green mix stuff, and it goes away without forming. If I can't find any in the formative stages, it'll grow to hideous proportion. Also, if I'm myalgic -- stiff, sore muscles post-workout or like I'm catching a cold -- alkaline schtuff intake seems to lower the achiness. THEORY (in bold, because the research evidence is weak) states that it affects cortisol levels, and hypercortisolemia is supposedly the cause of the myalgia.

There does seem to be evidence of a link between inflammatory states and higher acidity in blood draws (even though it's still within normal range), and with the growing research recognizing inflammation as the culprit behind heart disease and stroke, I'll use every trick I can get my hands on. I have familial high cholesterol at 410 with piss-poor HDL/LDL ratio, AFTER med control. Have to try dietary and supplemental influences, even if they seem silly or lack empirical support. Otherwise, I'm in the top statistical range for taking a dirtnap reeeaaaall soon.

Namatse!

Dr. Dave

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I drink tap water (but not nearly enough), soda- mostly diet.....but not right now during the Lent season- gave it up for Lent, lots and lots of fat free milk and in restaurants, usually iced tea. I do like to get the Raspberry Snapple iced tea when I buy a drink at a convenience store or lemonade.

P

pknox

As for the iced tea, I do drink the store-bought in a pinch, but I prefer to make it myself, in the Southern "Sweet Tea" style. There are more ways to make this then there are leaves on trees, but here's how I do it (those of you south of the M-D line can tune out now, as y'all have heard this since you were knee-high to a junebug. ;) ) :

Start boiling a full kettle of water.
Add about 10 Teabags (Lipton's fine) to a gallon pitcher.
Pour the water into the pitcher after it boils.
Let steep for about 3 minutes; add a bunch of sugar while the tea's still hot.
Use a wooden spoon to scoop out the teabags.
Take a collander, and line it with a paper towel. Get a bowl or another pitcher.
Pour the tea through the collander and paper towel, and into the other receptacle. This filters it again, and seems to improve the color too.
Add more sugar (tea should still be hot), and then let sit in the fridge as long as you can stand it.

The stuff's good and sweet, but doesn't taste artificial like the store stuff that uses corn syrup. The most important thing is to add the sugar while the tea's still hot, as that lets it dissolve properly, and keeps it from being gritty. You can add a sprig of mint or something while it's in the fridge too, if that's your thing.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My Uncle owns a "specialty" coffee company, and as a result my house always has gourmet coffee in it, so I drink a lot of that...

I drink soda occasionaly, (But only Diet)

And I drink Gatorade when I am "thirsty"

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Technopunk said:
My Uncle owns a "specialty" coffee company, and as a result my house always has gourmet coffee in it, so I drink a lot of that...

I drink soda occasionaly, (But only Diet)

And I drink Gatorade when I am "thirsty"
And you also drink home-brewed beer....correct?

E

edhead2000

Fruit2O!!!!!!!!!! :) Flavored water and plain water.

Fruit juices have too much sugar for me, although once in a while I'll get diet V8 splash.

Soda dissolves my bones and either has way too much sugar or will give me cancer. :)

Not a tea person, just have never liked it.

The only coffee I like (the sissy drinks) has way too much sugar in it so I don't drink it anymore. And it's rather expensive. My very very very favorite coffee drink is a thing called a Milton Milkshake from one of the local coffee places back home.

But now, it's just water.........

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:
Techno no longer drinks the home-brew...he has BECOME the home brew! Just check out his avatar... it even says he was vat grown. :uhyeah:

I drink coffee, coffee and more coffee. Maxwell House french roast is all the wife will drink but I grind my own dark roast beans once in a while when she's at work or school. When I'm on the road I'll drink whatever the truck stop has on hand (warning!! do NOT drink the coffee at a Petro station. I could fuel my truck with that stuff). I also drink bottled water and red bull for hydration before and after training. Our water has a good deal of lime in it here at the house and tastes horrible. Oh, yeah, nothing but coffee in the coffee either.

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pop, soda, whatever you call it. I drink Coke and Pepsi interchangably and I drink it in mass. I used to drink it even more, but I have been trying to be just a little more healthy. I'm down to 2 or 3 a day now. I also drink a ton of OJ and some other juices. Finally, I drink tap when I am working out (and there is no pop handy). I love milk, but for some reason don't drink it much. Oh and I have recently re-discovered teas of various types.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ceicei said:

Actually I Brew more of it than I drink. If I make 5 gallons, (approx 2 cases) I might drink a 6 pack of it.

A

Akula

Water - quite a lot of it.

Tea - The whole range of Black, Green, and White. I buy it loose, and blend my own, sometimes coming up with quite interesting combinations. A current iced favorite is a blend of half Yunnan and half of another called "Blood Orange Green" with a small amount of unprocessed sugar - very smooth. I really try to avoid packaged teas (or as a Russian friend of mine called it once, 'Tea in a diaper'), because the flavor isn't as clear.

Coffee - never had it, so I've never developed a taste for it. This caused confused looks when I was in Europe, something like 'You're an American, you have to like coffee with breakfast' I just sat back and drank my tea.

Latest Discussions