Chung Do Kwan in Korea(?)

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any links or points of contact for Chung Do Kwan in Korea?

OP
A

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Thank you for finding that link:)

I will try using google translate to see if it can do its magic on converting korean into english...

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no English version of the website.

PM me and I would be happy to provide you with contact info.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What exactly are you looking for? I can probably get enough out of the webpage to find something...

I know a few people in Korea, but it depends if you will BE there or not, because I have no contact info for them. You could always just show up at the door of the kukkiwon!

OP
A

aftab

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I was hoping to find some older generation CDK masters to establish contact with...

(Many years ago I was taught by a really impressive CDK master, and some of his technical training was slightly different from the now standardised Kukkiwon style - but effective. Hence my interest in CDK)

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was hoping to find some older generation CDK masters to establish contact with...

(Many years ago I was taught by a really impressive CDK master, and some of his technical training was slightly different from the now standardised Kukkiwon style - but effective. Hence my interest in CDK)

GM Park, Hae Man is essentially the "public face" of the CDK. He continues to travel all over the world doing seminars and attending dan tests.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
GM Park, Hae Man is essentially the "public face" of the CDK. He continues to travel all over the world doing seminars and attending dan tests.

Is he also the current Kwan Jang of the Chung Do Kwan?

Also, does the chung Do Kwan - and GM Park, Hae Man - do anything notably different than the Kukkiwon technique wise these days?

Pax,

Chris

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As far as I've heard, GM Uhm, Woon Kyu is still the Kwan Jang of the CDK. Although he did step down from the presidency of the Kukkiwon. GM Park, Hae Man is a V.P. of the CDK. I'm not sure if the presidency of the CDK has (or will be) passed to him.

I'll let others answer your other question.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Also, does the chung Do Kwan - and GM Park, Hae Man - do anything notably different than the Kukkiwon technique wise these days?

Pax,

Chris

No, the CDK is a very strong supporter of the KKW. GM Park was the chief instructor at the KKW and the CDK for many years.

Latest Discussions