Chong Moo Sa Nym Ivan Bergeron

dmdfromhamilton

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Chong Moo Sa Nym Ivan Bergeron, a 7th degree Black Belt with the World Dahn Moo Do Association, has over 40 years of martial arts experience. Master Bergeron was Grandmaster Inn Shuk Pak’s first student, and together they opened the first Kuk Sool-Hapkido school in Canada from 1967 to 1969.* Master Bergeron’s experience in the Korean Martial Arts is extensive; he was honored with an 8th degree Black Belt in Kong Shin Bup, a 5th degree in Tae Keuk Do, a 4th degree* with the World Kuk Sool Won Association, a 4th degree in Jiu Jitsu and a 1st Degree in Judo. Master Bergeron spent a lot of years seeking and training with the most knowledgeable Grandmasters in the Korean Martial Art of Hapkido, and he also studied other disciplines.* His knowledge and experience is invaluable to the World Dahn Moo Do Association.

I was just wondering if any one here knows anything about ivan bergeron the second highest ranking student of dahn moo do. I was wondering how different Kong Shin Bup and Tae Keuk Do are from each other and from Dahn Moo Do. I believe one member here is a high ranking student of Kong Shin Bup i was wondering if he could enlighten me.And on a related subject who owns the kuk sool won name in Canada i remember hearing somewhere that it used to (or still does?) belong to the Dahn Moo Do association which used to be Kuk Sool Won Canada?

Thank You :asian:

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, never heard of him.

Have never heard the title "Chong Moo Sa" either.

Miles

Dusty

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i have been training under gm timmerman for the past year or so. i live in Burlington, but try to make the trip north to the soo once every few months for a few days. my knowlegde is still a little shakey on these subjects, so i think that all of these arts are all kuk sool based. i know kong shin uses the entire kuk sool curriculm with much more demanding physical and breaking requirements. tae keuk do was created by gm Pak as was Kong ship, so i would imagine that it has the same base as well.master Bergeron was a high ranking kuk sool practitioner under gm Pak as well. the name kuk sool won canada is owned by the gentleman who owns dahm mudo. try reading this for a little more info:

http://nkmaa.ca/founders.html
if i was wrong on any facts, i apologize.i have been known to be wrong once in a while.

kuntawguro

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I personally know Master Ivan Bergeron and find him to be a very knowledgable man. He has been very active in promoting the martial arts in Canada for many years. His group from Elliot Lake Ontario are well known and respected.

Latest Discussions