" Chinese Wrestling "

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure how this outcome came about. I wonder what the shoot was targeting
leg_lift_against_shoot.jpg

Your opponent's both hand tries to grab your leading leg, or your both legs. You use stealing step to move your left leg behind your right leg (out of your opponent's attacking path). You use right arm overhook and right leg lift (or spring) to lift his left leg. You borrow your opponent's forward momentum and throw him forward.

Same footwork, same overhook, just add leg lift (or sping) into it.

Last edited:

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Are you Chinese?

I so wish CMA can win. Just find ways to make it work against grappling and ground game. I don't like to keep trashing CMA, but they really need to be humble and admit they don't have all the answers and there's nothing wrong to learn the modern ways and EVOLVE. That it doesn't matter who invented first, just evolve, improve and go win before talking.
No but I can cook 8 different Chinese styles, before we even get to Kung fu.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
View attachment 29159

Your opponent's both hand tries to grab your leading leg, or your both legs. You use stealing step to move your left leg behind your right leg (out of your opponent's attacking path). You use right arm overhook and right leg lift (or spring) to lift his left leg. You borrow your opponent's forward momentum and throw him forward.

Same footwork, same overhook, just add leg lift (or sping) into it.

Thank you

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Ok.

I just baked a pumpkin gut and almond sweet bread (gluten, vegan, dairy free).

Probably why I ended up getting spammed by the VShred dude.
I deserve that. Delete your web browser cookies.

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Judo could have done it, but Kano's hang-ups on ground grappling, and the push for Judo in the Olympics following WW2 stopped that from happening. It was the Brazilians who took Judo to its most logical stylistic conclusion.
Eliminating two thirds of the founder's vision for the art (Kata and stand up) is the most logical conclusion?

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Another Central Police College SC demo to share.

You are confused between movie and real life. You think people will attack one at a time, the others just stand around waiting for their turn? Come on, give me a break!!!! This is worst than catching fish in the river bare hand to practice eagle craw.

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are confused between movie and real life. You think people will attack one at a time, the others just stand around waiting for their turn? Come on, give me a break!!!! This is worst than catching fish in the river bare hand to practice eagle craw.
Demostration is 1/2 fake and 1/2 real. The 1/2 fake part is your opponent gives you the opportunity. The 1/2 real part is you have to finish it.

The question is do you have the skill and ability to finish it?

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
Demostration is 1/2 fake and 1/2 real. The 1/2 fake part is your opponent gives you the opportunity. The 1/2 real part is you have to finish it.

The question is do you have the skill and ability to finish it?
This is what a lot of people don't get.

Chinese invented modern warfare. Their magic is the darkest. Basic Sun Tzu.

I just watched Backdraft again. And a little Overboard. So I'm in this mood.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You are confused between movie and real life. You think people will attack one at a time, the others just stand around waiting for their turn? Come on, give me a break!!!!
As strange as it may be, sometimes that's exactly what happens when you are standing on your feet. It's usually not until you hit the or look like you are going to the ground that you get swarmed. In terms of guy that has to fight many. He can only fight one person at time, So if he can't run away then he'll need to move in a way that will allow him to punch one of the multiple targets one at a time. The demo video shows the various things that may happen when you get into a fight against multiple people. Like someone grabbing your leg or someone coming from behind and grabbing you are all realistic things that may happen. I don't know what you would do if you got jumped. I still can sprint, but I'm probably not going to beat anyone at 100 yard sprint and still have enough breath to fight. Not yet anyway.

If you get into the situation where more than one person is on you, then it's probably because you stopped moving or you are on the ground. Even the beat downs I've seen in person started off as one attacker at a time then when the victim falls to the ground or gets tied up, that's when the others will jump in. If you look on youtube for "basketball fights in park," you'll see just how dangerous it can be to be on the ground.

I've seen similar in 5 vs 5 MMA fights. Where it was down to 2vs1 or 3vs1. I can't remember, but the 1 guy beat the other guys one at a time he kept punching and moving. They tried to attack at the same time but it was hard to do against a moving target. My brother was jumped twice that I know of. He's an excellent wrestler, and not a weak guy at all. The first time I heard that he got jumped it was when he was at the beach with friends. He fell to the ground and got swarmed. He said all he could do at that point was to protect his head while they were kicking him. The second time he got jumped, it was at a club. He got tied up with the 1st guy and that's when the 2nd guy tried to sucker punch him. He got out of that situation by using his footwork. When we are young we can out run people. As we get older I think it's more important to know how to keep distance.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
This is what a lot of people don't get.

Chinese invented modern warfare. Their magic is the darkest. Basic Sun Tzu.

I just watched Backdraft again. And a little Overboard. So I'm in this mood.

:bag: No sir. I do not know Oily Dragon lol

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
get into a fight against multiple people.
When American Combat Shuai Chiao Association was formed, one of the board directors suggested that "one against many" should be part of the 1st degree black belt test requirement. Other board directors believed it was too much to ask for a 1st degree black belt. After the final vote, this requirement was not part of the 1st degree BB test requirement.

Do people know that "one against many" is part of the BB test requirement in any MA system? Do you think it should be?

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
When American Combat Shuai Chiao Association was formed, one of the board directors suggested that "one against many" should be part of the 1st degree black belt test requirement. Other board directors believed it was too much to ask for a 1st degree black belt. After the final vote, this requirement was not part of the 1st degree BB test requirement.

Do people know that "one against many" is part of the BB test requirement in any MA system? Do you think it should be?
We don’t have belts but we did do 2vs1 for 1 minute rounds with cup and mouth guard and 4 ounce gloves. People got hurt and blood was on the floor.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
We don’t have belts but we did do 2vs1 for 1 minute rounds with cup and mouth guard and 4 ounce gloves. People got hurt and blood was on the floor.
This is the same problem we had at our school. People got hurt. As far as intensity goes, this has to have some level of restraint. The footwork and escapes can be trained but the actual striking turns into blender of fists.

Wing Woo Gar

Senior Master
Reaction score
This is the same problem we had at our school. People got hurt. As far as intensity goes, this has to have some level of restraint. The footwork and escapes can be trained but the actual striking turns into blender of fists.
Yep, rarely did it go the full minute because it was more like a fight than a match. All the guys involved had been training brothers for years. The Sifu never let anybody watch unless they were invited to the advanced classes and were participating. I broke my foot twice in there getting checked on my kicks.

Latest Discussions