Chi Sau Club

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
One of my student teachers (Joe) is interested in setting up a Chi Sau club(sticky hands) in northern chicago - northwest suburbs area.
Just friendly get togethers to actually allow students and trainees alike to get a feel for different styles, and to get a chance to practice in a friendly enviroment outside of your own style.
If interested please let me know, and I will relay any info to him.

~Sifu Tony Blum - Chuka Tong Long Kung Fu

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
One of my student teachers (Joe) is interested in setting up a Chi Sau club(sticky hands) in northern chicago - northwest suburbs area.
Just friendly get togethers to actually allow students and trainees alike to get a feel for different styles, and to get a chance to practice in a friendly enviroment outside of your own style.
If interested please let me know, and I will relay any info to him.

~Sifu Tony Blum - Chuka Tong Long Kung Fu

If you get a Chi-sau club going, come back and let us know how it turns out. My own experience is that for Chi-Sau to be productive, in terms of developing sensitivity and flow, it has to be practiced in a cooperative way. When members of different styles with very different approaches to Chi-Sau get together, they usually end up doing a crude sort of Chi-Sau/ sparring. All this does is teach crashing force against force. Personally I find that it's more productive to either do cooperative Chi-Sau ("soft" or "hard") or do full-on sparring, but not a bastardized mix of the two. And, it can be hard to achieve quality Chi-Sau when competing egos from different styles get involved. Anyway good luck and post back after you see how it trns out.

OP
ChukaSifu2

ChukaSifu2

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Well that's exactly his intentions. He's looking to get the swelled head of different styles out of the way, so as to teach or help each other learn a different perspective of peoples ability to read and redirect their pressures or energy.
Part of the problem with training of systems with sticky hand techniques is that you may fool yourself into beleiving your skill of reading pressures is excelling, when in all actuallity is that you are learning your opponents ability's and movements.
For this training with other people, not necessarily other styles can be a plus in your training. The problem we have been having is that, not many systems practice their Chi Sau training even though their style warrants it.

Latest Discussions