Check Out This Fight Caught On a Gasoline Stations CCTV!

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Recently two MMA fighters in Brazil had an engagement that did not go so well. One of the fighter's is Bellator fighter Maiquel Falcao.

The video footage and story can be found at my blog by clicking on the link: The Instinctive Edge

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the video in case you do not want to check out my blog:

Last edited by a moderator:

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I guess you get what you deserve. At the same time the lack of training in real world attacks is a live and well in MMA sport. He didn't know how to deal with multiple attackers or weapons. But like I said he got what he deserve.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
I guess you get what you deserve. At the same time the lack of training in real world attacks is a live and well in MMA sport. He didn't know how to deal with multiple attackers or weapons. But like I said he got what he deserve.

How do you know that he deserved it? The video lacks audio.You lack the context to determine that.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's hard to learn from watching video's, but this one can and does teach a lot. Respect must always go along with any self defense training.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
How do you know that he deserved it? The video lacks audio.You lack the context to determine that.
Stepping up behind her, then taking a swat at the girls face tells it all for me.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Here's the thing. This isn't about mma. It's about being a jerk. This guy did as well as anyone against a group of hostile people with weapons. Which is to say, no one who chooses to engage a bunch of armed bad guys is going to come out on top... Except in the movies and in our dreams.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Stepping up behind her, then taking a swat at the girls face tells it all for me.

Lets look at this sequentially.

Her and her female friend were doing something. They could have been waiting in line, loitering, they could have said something snarky at him as they walked over there, they could be being difficult with whoevers behind the desk, you dont know.

So he comes over and verbally expresses something. Is it irritation? Egotism? Anger? You dont know.

So they become just as confrontational as he is, and he, who looks intoxicated to me, very lamely slaps at her with something. Now she leaves with her friend.

So then her and her friend come back with who i read somewhere is her boyfriend and his pals. Watch the video, and you tell me that she and her friend are outside wondering whats about to happen. Is that what it looks like to you, or does it look like them going over to watch their handiwork? Run the scenarios in your head. They walk out of the store, and a few random guys walk in, so they both stop, go back, and watch through the windows? Or, they go out of the store, get their boyfriend, and come back to watch the beatdown. Which seems more likely to you, based on whats in the video?

So then, for the crime of meekly slapping at her for unknown reasons, him and his friend are sucker punched, beaten to hell and back, and left hospitalized.

Thats okay with you then, even with the sheer lack of information we have here to fill in the blanks?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Arnisidor, there is a difference between something being okay and something being predictable. Speaking for myself, The beating was brutal and not okay. But it was a result of the guy's behavior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First, we don't know that this guy didn't train in a conventional MA or learn how to deal with multiple attackers. What we do see is a fast brutal assault, involving a lump of wood and overwhelming odds.

Secondly, if anyone thinks their martial art training of any flavour is going to allow them to prevail in that type of situation, they are dreaming. If they did get out successfully, it would be as much luck as training.

And, finally, it is a good example of how a stupid impulsive act can land you in deep $**t.
:asian:

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It is always good to be kind, polite and show people respect! I see this as a situation where Miquel for whatever reason took a slap at her and next thing you know there is a gang of people there to offer a beat down. If he would have just kept his hands to himself then everything would probably have been cool. This is no way say's that what happened to him and his friend is okay as it most definitely is not. I am sure the authorities will eventually find all parties involved and prosecute them. There is after all ample video evidence of what happened.

Please people when you are out and about be kind, be polite and show everyone respect!!!

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It took a bit of searching but, for what it's worth. Falcao has a background of Chute, BJJ and Muay Thai. His mate, Kaue Mena, is a boxer. It seems that Falcao has some history when it comes to troublemaking.

Among other indescetions is this little gem.

"Likes to beat women. Assaulted a woman violently outside a club and served an 8 month house arrest."
http://www.extrememmanews.com/top-ten-mma-criminals/

Perhaps, next time, he might be a bit more sensible, although it would be unusual for a leopard to change its spots.
:asian

TKDTony2179

Blue Belt
Reaction score
How do you know that he deserved it? The video lacks*audio.You*lack the contetermine that.

Don't take rocket science to see he assaulted the woman and she told the other guy (possible boyfriend) and he and his boys jumped him. You see her standing out there when the guys confront him. I have seen fights like that in my youth.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Recently two MMA fighters in Brazil had an engagement that did not go so well. One of the fighter's is Bellator fighter Maiquel Falcao.

The video footage and story can be found at my blog by clicking on the link: The Instinctive Edge

AHHH the good old days (* NOT *). This reminds me of my old Friday and Saturday nights. Those for what ever reason think they are tough and people owe them respect and should fear them. Be it the Football (US) team, wanna be ganstas, to the local gangs. There is always someone faster and or stronger or with more friends then you. I have seen it and some learn that got lucky and survived while many did not learn that lesson and had to keep trying.

:(

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't take rocket science to see he assaulted the woman and she told the other guy (possible boyfriend) and he and his boys jumped him. You see her standing out there when the guys confront him. I have seen fights like that in my youth.

Exactly! As long as by assault you mean barely touch :p From a legal perspective though, yes, it was assault.
And we dont know if she provoked him. Example: *He barely bumps into her* "Dont touch me you ******* creep." Prompting a response from his drunken ***.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
It's pretty sad that you think a moronic moment of stupid and inappropriate aggression in which no one was hurt "deserves" a truly brutal and inhumane group assault.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
he was stupid and got himself in real trouble! I would say that if he lived he can call himself lucky. people only live through multiple massive blunt trauma from things like that club in the movies usually! I think there are some arts that would have served him better then Bjj and Maui tai. Either way it goes to show that if your stupid you can find yourself in a very deadly encounter in a real hurry!

Latest Discussions