Chat Room closure notice

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Due to a combination of cash flow problems, and concerns over server resource use, we've been forced to shut down the chat room. We hope that in doing so, we will be able to function within our affordable capacity.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Full details on the cash flow/ server issues are here:
http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?&threadid=10868

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sorry we had to cut back, but you certainly warned us how tight things were and how many resources we are using on your "business" server. We just need to start taking donations for a new server for MartialTalk.

I will kick in (like a NPR pledge) $10 to start the ball rolling, and I don't even use the chat room.

How about it members? Contributions for a new dedicated server since the magazine subscriptions are not enough?

I challenge all the Kenpo people out there to match my pledge?

-Michael

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by Michael Billings
Sorry we had to cut back, but you certainly warned us how tight things were and how many resources we are using on your "business" server. We just need to start taking donations for a new server for MartialTalk.

I will kick in (like a NPR pledge) $10 to start the ball rolling, and I don't even use the chat room.

How about it members? Contributions for a new dedicated server since the magazine subscriptions are not enough?

I challenge all the Kenpo people out there to match my pledge?

-Michael

I rarely used the chat room but I'm willing to match your 10 bolas Michael. Is there an address were we can send our contribution?
Also, I challenge the TAEKWONDO practitioners on this fine board to open up your wallets and toss in a few bucks to keep the MA discussions alive... :asian:

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Is there an address were we can send our contribution?

Is PayPal an option? If not, then an address would be helpful as I will need that to send in my contribution.

- Ceicei

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everyone has a couple of options:

E-Zine subscriptions are only $12.
You can get a dual subscription to both MT Magazine and The Martialist for $20

Advertisements on the schools directory start at $20/year,
with forum sponsorships at $80 per year.

OR FOR JUST DONATIONS:

You can also send less than $12 by check or money order:
Bob Hubbard
PO Box 1372
Buffalo, NY 14220

For $2.00 more you get the magazine, but I want to just plain DONATE, so I am putting cash in the mail, not even a check. Let's get out of this hole and upgrade to the best.

-Michael

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just setup a PayPal account...soon as I verify that everythigns setup right, I'll put it up.

1 thing: Please, do-NOT send cash in the mail. Money orders are under a buck at Walmart, and many supermarkets. Many banks also have them dirt cheap. If the mail gets lost or damaged, your gift may not end up where you prefer. (I get at least 1 damaged item a month in.) Cover your butt. With a check or MO you have some security in case something goes wrong.

Thank you again.

:asian:

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I will PayPal if you have it set up. Will it take the subscriptions also? Hopefully you are passing on the fee for the transaction to us? I am willing to pay $13 for a subscription, or $11 for my $10 donation. Heck, the cost of the stamp and the money order may have been more expensive, and certainly less convenient.

(A voice whispers "Don't turn down the cash Bob." Take it any way you can get it if it is a donation. Checks or money orders for the magazine to ensure you have a record in case something is lost. That way MartialTalk can follow up with your subscriptions.)

-Michael

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll be adding a PayPal payment option to everything ASAP. (Including the webhosting) :)

I'll have to take a look at the fees and see. I've been eating the credit card processing fees so far. (75cents $US per magazine subscription)

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok, I was just informed of an error on the e-zines subscription sign up form. If you've tried subscribing in the last few days and gotten a "page not found" error, please try again. It should be working correctly now. If you got that, the subscription did not go through.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

P

pknox

BTW, if anyone is wondering whether it is worth it to donate a little bit more and get the magazine, definitely do so, if at all possible. It is absolutely worth it, as it really is quite good.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Kaith,

Is PayPal up and running yet? I am still donating, but was going to do it via PayPa. If not I will put a check in the mail ... (or cash, just to be stubborn, after all, if I lose it, it is only equivalent to a couple of lunches ... or maybe a lunch and a half if I am hungry.)

-Michael

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'll hopefully have a donations page up by tonite. Everything looks to be ready. :)

Latest Discussions