Changing Dojo or Teacher

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I believe Tanemura Sensei is currently taking instruction in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu and Mugen Shinto Ryu Iaijutsu under Nagao Sensei (he originally studied Daito Ryu under Sato Kinbei Sensei). Bruno or another Genbukan member may be able to confirm that.

I believe he was also still learning from Kimura Sensei until his passing at the beginning of this century, not long after Sato Kinbei Sensei.

OP
S

steelnshadow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi All,

I think that my next question will let you all understand what the outcome of my discussion with my teacher was... I am currently a 3rd Dan shidoshi ho and would like to know if I can pay my Bujinkan yearly membership directly to the honbu in Japan? :mst:

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Strange you would say that, I spoke to some ex students and they told me that they left because they were not allowed to change school. The old students said that after they left, our instructor informed them that he wrote an email to Japan removing their grades and expelling them from the Bujinkan..

He said that since he was the highest grade in the region anyone willing to train in the Bujinkan had to train under him...

Any comments?

Few things :

Rank in the Bujinkan comes from Soke, not your instructor. You may change instructors and keep any rank you have a Hombu certificate for. It's not in anyone's power (save Soke) to take that away.

You do not need to get permission from anyone to train with anyone. (What's polite may vary, depending on the circumstances.)

The 'highest grade' thing is such ********, I can't even comment. Who is this guy?

Oh, and as for sending an email to Hombu to remove someone: anyone familiar with how the paper-work/office stuff in the Bujinkan works is probably wiping the coffee off their screen and commenting on how it burns the nostrils as we speak. You know, I'm sure the automated Bujinkan database would just scrape the gmail and run the appropriate queries - but, for the moment, let's just say that this is beyond silly.

-Stephen
(Bujinkan Shidoshi)

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi All,

I think that my next question will let you all understand what the outcome of my discussion with my teacher was... I am currently a 3rd Dan shidoshi ho and would like to know if I can pay my Bujinkan yearly membership directly to the honbu in Japan? :mst:

If you are a Shidoshi-ho you can deal with Hombu directly. Do you have a Shidoshi-ho certificate? You should have received the paperwork with all of that. You can PM me if you'd like some detailed advice on how to sort this out, I can help you figure out what's what.

OP
S

steelnshadow

White Belt
Reaction score
If you are a Shidoshi-ho you can deal with Hombu directly. Do you have a Shidoshi-ho certificate? You should have received the paperwork with all of that. You can PM me if you'd like some detailed advice on how to sort this out, I can help you figure out what's what.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried to PM you, but I am not sure if the messages are going through as they are not appearing in my sent box. I would gladly accept any help, I can get to get out of this fix.

Thanks

stephen

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you for your reply, I have tried to PM you, but I am not sure if the messages are going through as they are not appearing in my sent box. I would gladly accept any help, I can get to get out of this fix.

Thanks

I've received your PMs, I'll reply there.

OP
S

steelnshadow

White Belt
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for their comments and support. I originally posted this thread back in 2011 not sure what my future was. Today thanks to the support of many I am continuing my training under a different teacher and I am also running my own small humble Dojo :)

Should anyone be going through what I please do not hesitate to add to this post or PM me.

Thanks once again to all.

A happy ending indeed :bangahead:

Latest Discussions