Celebrity Black Belts

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just thought I would post this after reading the article in Black Belt Magazine. It says that Ed O'Neill aka Al Bundy received his Black Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in 2007. I bow to Mr. O'Neill for his accomplishments

thoughts?

B

Bodhisattva

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Just thought I would post this after reading the article in Black Belt Magazine. It says that Ed O'Neill aka Al Bundy received his Black Belt in Gracie Jiu-Jitsu in 2007. I bow to Mr. O'Neill for his accomplishments

thoughts?

B

I heard that the singer for Tool - Maynard; and the singer for Rage Against the Machine - Zack; are both Rickson Puple belts.

I figured it was a ruse until I saw some photo of Maynard with Rickson in a gi.

He had a white belt though.

--

I kind like thinking about Ed as a black belt in BJJ. Always liked Oneil's characters and how he played them.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There are alot of BB celebs out there, Martial Arts is the world number place to be or at least in my head it is.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score

thoughts?

B

I saw pics of him many many years ago training with the Gracies.
Which Gracie did he test under?

AoG

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

He's been at it for some while--he's not just playing at it.

buldog

Orange Belt
Reaction score
If I remember right I believe Ed used to play pro football (offensive line ?) If so then he used to be an elite athelete and its not so hard to believe. Also the Gracie's don't tend to give belts away without years of hard work. Kind of gives the rest of us Al Bundy types a little hope.:ultracool

PictonMA

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Which Gracie did he test under?

Rorion at the Torrance Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy.

From what I understand he's been at it pretty seriously since 1993.

Reaction score
From what I understand he's been at it pretty seriously since 1993.
That's about the time frame I was thinking as well. I remember a Regis & Kelly-esque talk show back in the mid-90's that he was on and I believe Royce and Rorion happened to be demonstrating on it as well. The hosts were surprized to find out that Mr. O'neil was training with them.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
If I remember right I believe Ed used to play pro football (offensive line ?) If so then he used to be an elite athelete and its not so hard to believe. Also the Gracie's don't tend to give belts away without years of hard work. Kind of gives the rest of us Al Bundy types a little hope.:ultracool
Four touchdowns in one game at Polk High!

OP
KempoGuy06

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yea the article said 15 years or so is how long he has been training. It shows that celebs are real people as well and they dont everything handed to them and they actually have to work at stuff

B

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That's easy. The Sam Kinison episode, with Sammy showing Al what life would have been like had he never been born. Of course it would have been much better, so Al has to allow himself to be born to prevent his family from experiencing happiness.

OP
KempoGuy06

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
does anyone know of any other celeb black belts. And not ones know for it like Wesley Snipes but some one that you would never expect

B

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I saw the article..Congrats to him....

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
my understanding is that good old Capitan Kirk ( William Shatner) has a BB in parker system kempo, and of course some training in the old applegate systom of Hand to hand combat from the old star trek series. ( that is what is some times called 'kirk fu')

Latest Discussions