Chuck Norris Jiu Jitsu

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
So I only just found this out that chuck Norris is a black belt in jiu jitsu. I never realised that before but I saw this interview with him about his first exposure to him. I have so much respect for Norris and how humble he is

Also here's the follow up for the interview and he says something interesting about how Gracie gave him what's basically a jiu jitsu kata to work. Just a little something for those who claim katas aren't important in martial arts

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
First, yeah, Chuck Norris has a black belt in BJJ. Of course he does! He's Chuck Friggin Norris!!!

Second, plenty of folks do all kinds of martial arts without kata. If folks get touchy about people who suggest that kata is worthless, consider that you're doing the same thing in reverse when you insist that it is important and essential. If you like kata and find value in it, knock yourself out. Doesn't make it important... or unimportant, for that matter.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Chuck Norris Black Belt in BJJ is from the Machado family....forms...katas...routines..... drills...all the same to me...they have they're uses.