Can your rank be removed?

NPTKD

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has every heard about someone rank being remove? ATA,ITF,KKW, etc... For any reason, no problems...just was wondering.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well, the knowledge can't be taken away, but the ITA reserves the right to revoke your Blackbelt standings with them should you be found guilty of conduct unbecoming. There is a number of serious offenses of the criminal type stated, I am too lazy to dig it up right now (will do so if the thread continues in 5 weeks when I get back from vacation.)

There have been some cases - I have been told - who tanked at the nation level testing for 4th degree, being found running their mouths on the internet

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Orgs. Have the right to take rank away, the only problem is they cannot ever stop what you know and you from saying you earned your BB.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
There was a guy in FL who was allegedly selling KTA dan certificates and he is alleged to have lost his KKW dan rank....allegedly. The KTA has not issued dan rank for many years...

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
denied, yes, but no one can take away your knowledge
True, but as we all know rank doesn't always equate knowledge. A good example would be that TradtionalTKD dork attacking your youtube vid. :mst:

So yes, rank can be taken away. I know of a couple of people who have had it happen to them...however, as TF pointed their knowledge still remained intact.

Latest Discussions