Can You Stand Still?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He probably means tucking the tail bone under and the tilting of the pelvis.
The theory being that incoming force will be better transfered through the arms , down through the spine that is straight-ish and finally absorbed by the stance.

You would think that's what he meant, but what he said was:

Sorry but you are wrong, Stance training actully DOES straighten the back, It removes the curve from our lower back,

Its a mental path to achieveing it but Its no imaginery thing,

SNT

LOL. Methinks you need some basic anatomy training.

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
He hasn't the foggiest idea of what he's been saying.

You know ... I got the weirdest feeling we had been through this before ...

:hmm::hmm::hmm: that's it ... CoffeeRoc ...

AAAGGGGHHH....what are you doing????? Don't say his name aloud or he'll re appear!!!

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Why? Ill tell you why, To direct Incoming Force to the ground, the curve in your back when facing someone is like this ( .

( This is the part of your structre that will Go like this < cause it cant handle or absorb Force to the ground cause it folds or you step back etc,

anatomy training? You got to be joking, Good on ya mate,

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
There is something you said in the above post that tells me, ir anyone who has done serious stance training, you have no idea what you are talking about or you are trying to impress people here on MT that you are some great master when in fact you are not. Either way I am done playing... have fun storming the castle

Do you think i care?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Ill tell you why, To direct Incoming Force to the ground, the curve in your back when facing someone is like this ( .

( This is the part of your structre that will Go like this < cause it cant handle or absorb Force to the ground cause it folds or you step back etc,

anatomy training? You got to be joking, Good on ya mate,

Bollocks.

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Don't take the bait, lads. Stay focused.

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Don't take the bait, lads. Stay focused.

Im not Fishing, You guys crack me up, oh great Wing chun know it alls, nothing for me to learn on this ******** site,
Come on moderator, Ban me, oh wait your WC Forum hasnt had so many hits before I posted on here,

Just when you had some talent who was willing to share, %-}

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Im not Fishing, You guys crack me up, oh great Wing chun know it alls, nothing for me to learn on this ******** site,
Come on moderator, Ban me, oh wait your WC Forum hasnt had so many hits before I posted on here,

I wish you would share. I'm sure you can bring a lot to the table, but all I've heard from you so far are questions. Not sincere questions, but smarmy questions.
So, if you have insight into SNT, WC, whatever , let's hear it and stop with the games.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Things are getting confused here.
If we are talking about the "back" then from a visual perspective it will look straight.

In the correct Wing Chun stance we aim to have a straight line going from the shoulders to the knees.
An observer would see that the persons back is straight.

If we are talking about the spine itself , then internally we know that the spine is naturally made up of curves , that cannot be made to be straight.
But externally the posture will look upright and straight.

Mentally we are visualizing the spine as a straight line.

My Sifu used to make this analogy about the back being straight in Wing Chun.
If you hold a plastic ruler vertically on a table and it is straight , then it can hold a great deal of weight.

If however there is a bend in the ruler , then the structural integrity will be weakened and it will start to collapse.
The Wing Chun stance works similarly.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I think you're awesome. You googled just enough vocabulary to get things moving, but not enough to keep it going for more than a few posts.

If I can make a friendly suggestion, be nice and remember that this is a friendly place. If you really are knowledgeable in wc, you'll fit right in if you lighten up just a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I wish you would share. I'm sure you can bring a lot to the table, but all I've heard from you so far are questions. Not sincere questions, but smarmy questions.
So, if you have insight into SNT, WC, whatever , let's hear it and stop with the games.

My Questions are intended to get you thinking, use the mind, no more games,

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Things are getting confused here.
If we are talking about the "back" then from a visual perspective it will look straight.

In the correct Wing Chun stance we aim to have a straight line going from the shoulders to the knees.
An observer would see that the persons back is straight.

If we are talking about the spine itself , then internally we know that the spine is naturally made up of curves , that cannot be made to be straight.
But externally the posture will look upright and straight.

Mentally we are visualizing the spine as a straight line.

My Sifu used to make this analogy about the back being straight in Wing Chun.
If you hold a plastic ruler vertically on a table and it is straight , then it can hold a great deal of weight.

If however there is a bend in the ruler , then the structural integrity will be weakened and it will start to collapse.
The Wing Chun stance works similarly.

Your Close, My lower Back sure feels straight when i touch it, I believe you could hold a Ruler to it and it would show so,
Dont think so much about the spine, it will self align once you get your stance Corrected,

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I think you're awesome. You googled just enough vocabulary to get things moving, but not enough to keep it going for more than a few posts.

If I can make a friendly suggestion, be nice and remember that this is a friendly place. If you really are knowledgeable in wc, you'll fit right in if you lighten up just a little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Steve, ill try and lighten up and have mature Conversations from now on,

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Your wish is granted.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I think some of you appear very easily riled.. easy to rattle.. whatever.. he is gone now

Latest Discussions