Can You Stand Still?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Yes that is the protocol, I know its commen knowlage thoughout our lingage, But theres a fine line between proforming in correctly and not,
You Know all this yet can not tell me the basic princible of Standing stillmor how you MAINTAIN it,

You ask questions and want them answered yrt you will not answer mine....interesting

Define stillness

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
That sounds about right, Dont disagree with that,

Sooooo... tell me how does one use the mind concentration to focus towards the centerline?

to infuse the spirit into the spine so that it is MAINTAINED STRAIGHT (and still)

Does Connect The Dots mean anything to you or any body else?

I think you've been watching too many Bat Man movies champ , you're starting to sound like the Riddler.

Riddle me this.
If you've got all the answers , why do you keep asking so many bloody questions?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
You ask questions and want them answered yrt you will not answer mine....interesting

Define stillness
It's because he doesn't know. Don't you guys see it? He's not "testing" us. He's trying to get you guys to reveal the higher level secrets of Wing Chun to him before he's ready. My advice to the OP is to relax and when your sifu thinks you're ready, he'll share with you the information you need to know. And when you fully understand the answers, you'll truly be the Last Dragon.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me, I'd settle for just learning how to relax when training at the appropriate times...which I don't know when they are!

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
40+ years you should have awnsered the simple question of how you maintain Stillness in the Stance. Im of Christchurch New Zealand, Trained under Sifu Jenkins from www.nzwingchun.com

Indeed I had and others had also ... judging by the trash you've posted, you have not. Does you Sifu has any idea that you are representing his school by playing the mouth piece role?

Yous are all missing the point, This is what seperates Wing Chun from Wing Chun Kung Fu, its Very unique to WC.

I'm very impressed with your vest knowledge:rolleyes:, I have no idea there is an distinction between Wing Chun and Wing Chun Kung Fu, thanks for teaching this old dog some thing new.

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It does to me. I know exactly what you mean. But... how can I know for sure if YOU know what it REALLY means?

If theres Four of them Your a Genius,

To Clear things up, I no longer belong to that School, I Trained there, 2nd Define Stilness? MAINTAINING a Straigth Back and motionless,
Not one millimeter of movement,

So Many Questions eh, Ive Mastered SNT and was seeing if anyone else here has, I should have Just Asked if anyone can connect the dots,
Joints are involved,, it forms a Shape /Structure

No Guessing Game, If you guys were Ranked On how many posts your made You would be Masters, But we all know, there is no Grading system in WC, just added ones as Westerners Like to say, I got a Black belt, woopte do!

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To Clear things up, I no longer belong to that School, I Trained there, 2nd Define Stilness? MAINTAINING a Straigth Back and motionless,
Not one millimeter of movement

So Many Questions eh, Ive Mastered SNT and was seeing if anyone else here has, I should have Just Asked if anyone can connect the dots,

No Guessing Game, If you guys were Ranked On how many posts your made You would be Masters, But we all know, there is no Grading system in WC, just added ones as Westerners Like to say, I got a Black belt, woopte do!

Should one breathe do you think?

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
, Ive Mastered SNT and was seeing if anyone else here has

I swear Mac Davis wrote this song just for you, my Sir SNT Master ... have an mirror in front of you while enjoying this video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, thank you. Not everyone appreciates my intellect as they should.
To Clear things up, I no longer belong to that School, I Trained there
That's a shame. How long did you train under Sifu Jenkins?
, 2nd Define Stilness? MAINTAINING a Straigth Back and motionless,
Have you ever fired a rifle?
Many here have connected many dots. Speaking for myself only, I've been connecting many dots. Perhaps not the dots you intend, but well....
I'm a black belt in crazy. Belts, though, were created by a little Japanese guy. Can't blame Westerners for everything.

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hi Siunimtao,

MAINTAINING a Straigth Back and motionless,
People can stand straight as in standing attention with the back straight and motionless they may appear in stillness externally.
The expression "scared straight" implys a posture that is perfectly motionless and straight but the mind is not in stillness.
The back should be straight but not at cost of creating tension. If you do Zhan zhuang long enough the body does move because tension is being released, the body is trying to achieve homostatsis, as the body relaxes deeper the lower spine and hips and kua "drop" the body sinks down, the mind become still and when the mind is still and the body is at harmony with it the Qi flows through the jingluo and the Shen can manifest.

But that is my experience with it and my opinion.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't give this dude anymore oxygen.
Steve is right , he's just fishing around for information.
He didn't even know the correct meaning of "Tei Gong" and if he was really from my lineage he would have known that.

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
He didn't even know the correct meaning of "Tei Gong" and if he was really from my lineage he would have known that.
He doesn't need to claim your lineage Mook, he mastered SNT. He is now one of the true Daoist Immortals. Your doubt just proves his status.

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hi Siunimtao,

People can stand straight as in standing attention with the back straight and motionless they may appear in stillness externally.
The expression "scared straight" implys a posture that is perfectly motionless and straight but the mind is not in stillness.
The back should be straight but not at cost of creating tension. If you do Zhan zhuang long enough the body does move because tension is being released, the body is trying to achieve homostatsis, as the body relaxes deeper the lower spine and hips and kua "drop" the body sinks down, the mind become still and when the mind is still and the body is at harmony with it the Qi flows through the jingluo and the Shen can manifest.

But that is my experience with it and my opinion.

Oaktree , in Wing Chun it is more of a mental thing.
Obviously we can't physically have the spine straight , because our spines are curved .

We are trying to have our vertebrae stacked on top of each other right up to the head , so that the postural muscles can be switched off and relax as much as possible.
In effect we want the skeletal system to be supporting the weight of the body , not postural muscles.
It is primarily a mental visualisation that we use , but you are right , the muscles surrounding the spine have to be neutral and relaxed.

Lets just cut through all the crap , these guys do a better job than me of explaining the stance as taught by Tsui Seung Tin.

[video=youtube_share;6eFQsbrhMEo]http://youtu.be/6eFQsbrhMEo[/video]

OP
Siunimtao

Siunimtao

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Funny, You havnt got a clue, Oaktree Sounds like he knows his **** and he doesnt even do wing chun,

Tei Gong? I like to reword it as Daigong, (granery Storage, Earth Storage) You become Rooted From the Ground,

3 words No ones said here that my Sifu use, ***** U* P****, These are the ones i abide by,

And Tell me Master Woodcock ,when do you use tei gong??

My Tei Gong is On every minute im Awake, Not just Wing Chun Training,

Last edited:

mook jong man

Senior Master
Reaction score
Settle down mate , you keep telling us you've mastered Siu Nim Tau.

But it doesn't seem to have helped you any in mastering your own emotions has it?

blindsage

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Funny, You havnt got a clue, Oaktree Sounds like he knows his **** and he doesnt even do wing chun,

Tei Gong? I like to reword it as Daigong, (granery Storage, Earth Storage) You become Rooted From the Ground,

3 words No ones said here that my Sifu use, ***** U* P****, These are the ones i abide by,

Funny, a few post ago you were grudgingly giving Mook credit for his understanding, but as soon as he started calling out your BS you immediately turned on him. Methinks he's not the one missing a clue. But good luck with that.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We have places here where we store our grans, they are called old peoples homes.

Latest Discussions