Can this be real?

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
A: Why did you push him off the cliff and kill him?
B: Dear judge, I didn't push him. My hands had never touched him. My fingerprint don't exist on his body.

Does our modern law be able to give a fair judge on situation like this?

Your thought?

2sehEXi.gif

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
B: Dear judge, I didn't push him. My hands had never touched him. My fingerprint don't exist on his body.

No, but what if you received an umbilical stem cell transplant for leukemia, and your DNA changed to match your donors...

... who was a serial killer?

200.gif

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Sorry, I just presumed we all agree that this is a silly video.

But what if you are so committed to our compliant, no touch knock out drill that you fling yourself off a cliff? Am I in some way legally responsible for your enthusiastic compliance?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I just presumed we all agree that this is a silly video.

But what if you are so committed to our compliant, no touch knock out drill that you fling yourself off a cliff? Am I in some way legally responsible for your enthusiastic compliance?
This is where my mind went with it. If we do a demonstration near a cliff, rooftop, or even just on the ground, I enthusiastically fling myself, and fall, and hurt myself/die, who is at fault?

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score

Your thought?

2sehEXi.gif

My thoughts

Its a demo...🙂

Here is another demo can "you" do it..
I could at one time, long ago stopped practicing this type of skill set.

It's based on the same theory as the first demo,
used in a different way...🤔

Is it real....

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
This is where my mind went with it. If we do a demonstration near a cliff, rooftop, or even just on the ground, I enthusiastically fling myself, and fall, and hurt myself/die, who is at fault?
What if I convinced you that if you focus your chi and do a proper breakfall, you could jump off the cliff and not hurt yourself?

BTW, this reminds me of an old joke. The punchline is, "You're a mean drunk, Superman."

wab25

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If we do a demonstration near a cliff, rooftop, or even just on the ground, I enthusiastically fling myself, and fall, and hurt myself/die, who is at fault?
My guess would be that intent matters. If you were intending to do a demonstration or even performance and both people do so with consent.... then its an accident. However, if the intent is to harm/kill the other guy, then it really does not matter how. If you sneak up behind the guy at the cliff edge and suddenly scream in his ear to startle him and he falls.... then you would be at fault with other circumstances determining manslaughter up to 1st degree murder.

Now, if a guy was standing next to a cliff, and a fire started behind him, without his knowledge, and you yelled "Fire!" startling him to jump off....

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if I convinced you that if you focus your chi and do a proper breakfall, you could jump off the cliff and not hurt yourself?

BTW, this reminds me of an old joke. The punchline is, "You're a mean drunk, Superman."
That's one of my go-to's if someone asks for a joke

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Your thought?

2sehEXi.gif

If a person and I are believers in religions such as voodoo, and I curse a person to die, and they die, am I criminally liable, even if it was not magic that killed them, but rather the victim's deeply-held belief that I could curse them to die and it would work?

What about voodoo dolls? If I stick pins in an image of you, we know it will not work, as magic is not real. But what if you happen to believe it is real and you do suffer injuries when I stick pins in the doll of you?

There are many people around the world, some not so primitive, that believe in faith healing and some of them do seem to have managed to heal from various ailments when 'healed' by some person of faith. How hard is it to then believe that if the healer chose to do the opposite, it would not also affect the true believer in a negative way?

The so-called placebo effect is real and has been proven. A simple sugar pill, given by a doctor, and the patient is told that it will cure them of a variety of things; and sometimes it does. That is true EVEN WHEN the patient is informed that the pill is inert and can have no effect on them scientifically. It's no myth, it's science and cannot be denied.

I'm not saying magic is real or provable. I am saying the mind is a powerful thing and can affect our own bodies in many interesting ways.

Now, could a person be charged with a crime if they claim to have injured someone with their mind or a spell or an invisible attack, and that person is in fact injured in some way? I have no idea. Interesting question.

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
The so-called placebo effect is real and has been proven. A simple sugar pill, given by a doctor, and the patient is told that it will cure them of a variety of things; and sometimes it does. That is true EVEN WHEN the patient is informed that the pill is inert and can have no effect on them scientifically. It's no myth, it's science and cannot be denied.

I'm not saying magic is real or provable. I am saying the mind is a powerful thing and can affect our own bodies in many interesting ways.

There is also

"A nocebo effect is said to occur when negative expectations of the patient regarding a treatment cause the treatment to have a more negative effect than it otherwise would have.[1][2] For example, when a patient anticipates a side effect of a medication, they can experience that effect even if the "medication" is actually an inert substance.[1]

The complementary concept, the placebo effect, is said to occur when positive expectations improve an outcome.

The nocebo effect is also said to occur in someone who falls ill owing to the erroneous belief that they were exposed to a toxin, or to a physical phenomenon they believe is harmful, such as EM radiation.[3]"

Met a person who mentioned they were studying "nocabo effects" during a casual conversation while at a sports bar...
Quite interesting, as there are effects they still have no explanation for...that some of what is studied in TCM might account for...

Last edited:
OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Can you send your spirit, mind, energy outside of your body?

If this is real, I feel I have wasted all my life in the wrong MA training. I do want to learn "how to send energy outside of my body. (not sure what spirit, and mind are)"

Someone suggested this theory - how to send spirit, mind, and energy out, penetrate opponent's body, make him weak, and hurt him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wang Yongquan Writings on Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan:

Spirit, mind, and qi must be able to pass out of the body and return to the body. Let the mind, mind, and qi out of the body, this is the most important point that martial arts training method is different from health preservation training method. The mind and energy go out of the body and can "penetrate" the opponent's body.

It should be noted that after the mind-qi is released, it must be withdrawn along the original path to carry out "exchange of internal and external qi" to enhance the power. If you don't take it back, you will hurt your internal gas.

Whether one's spirit has passed out of the body, you have to ask the other party. In the initial stage, when you practice "rubbing/push / hands with the other party, if the other party feels weak, it means that the inner energy has reached the other party.

After learning and practicing, you will gradually be able to "listen", "ask", "take", and "let go" with high spirits and practice skills to hit.

Last edited:

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Well lets see...if you get a voltage meter and an ohm meter and have the guy projerct his Qi....and then get his energy signature........

Or you could go with door number 2 and what Beijing University of traditional Chinese medicine says about qi projection.......一大堆牛粪 (Yī dà duī niú fèn)....aka a load of bovine skatology

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well lets see...if you get a voltage meter and an ohm meter and have the guy projerct his Qi....and then get his energy signature........

Or you could go with door number 2 and what Beijing University of traditional Chinese medicine says about qi projection.......一大堆牛粪 (Yī dà duī niú fèn)....aka a load of bovine skatology

Or a blind trial like magic. And have a bunch of people behind opaque screens.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How much money will you be able to make if you can demonstrate this on TV - move any object (include a person) without touching?

Last edited:

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score

windwalker099

Green Belt
Reaction score
Bullfighting is VERY real -- and the toreador doesn't always dance out of the way. There's a lot to it, and there's definitely some ethical issues to discuss - but the art is in goading the bull, and slipping out of the way at just the right moment. The bull is most certainly not compliant...

was rhetorical question...🙂

You left out it's not "training" to gain or develop the skill. It's using the skill developed...
With real world consequences should they not be.

The training is very different isolating different skill sets needed for the event they train for.

Just as what was shown in the practice, part of training that allows some to feel a type of skill set being worked on.
Not illustrative of how the skill set would look like in use, be used, or work in the same way...

Only part of a small skill set in isolation of many other factors

Latest Discussions