Buying patches

satans.barber

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Sensei Coolican came up to me tonight at training and said that he'd been rung up by an Elvis impersonator (no, I'm not making this up...!) who was after some kenpo patches to sew onto one of his outfits.

Apparantly he's managed to get hold of the traditonal crest (tiger & dragon) but he'd also like a universal pattern patch and a patch with flames on, which he thinks will be hard to get hold of. They sell a universal pattern patch at the IKKA shop (from www.ikka.us), does anyone know where he might be able to order one of these flame patches? I assume he means this one (from Mr. Conatser's site):

http://www.geocities.com/ikkorg/ikcflame.gif

TIA,

Ian.

p.s. I notice at the IKKA shop that it says the crest is only available to IKKA members, how are they going to check that through an on-line shop? Do you guys have membership numbers or something? I'd quite like one myself but I'm not in the IKKA, so that's scuppered that.

P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by satans.barber

p.s. I notice at the IKKA shop that it says the crest is only available to IKKA members, how are they going to check that through an on-line shop? Do you guys have membership numbers or something? I'd quite like one myself but I'm not in the IKKA, so that's scuppered that.

So join the IKKA, from what I hear it's only $50 and $10 a month after that. You can buy all the patches you want and sell them for a profit where you are. I've seen universal patches everywhere, they're not that hard to find.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Big Pat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
The flame patch comes up on e-bay from time to time. It at one time was reserved for instructors and those who attended Mr. Parker's Internationals. Search "Kenpo" on e-bay.

EKP RIP

Big Pat
:asian:

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by ProfessorKenpo
So join the IKKA, from what I hear it's only $50 and $10 a month after that. You can buy all the patches you want and sell them for a profit where you are. I've seen universal patches everywhere, they're not that hard to find.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Clyde,

You're a regular entrepreneur. Leave it to you to come up with an idea like that.

Hasta,
Billy

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Big Pat
The flame patch comes up on e-bay from time to time. It at one time was reserved for instructors and those who attended Mr. Parker's Internationals. Search "Kenpo" on e-bay.

EKP RIP

Big Pat
:asian:

I never knew that instructors could obtain this without attending the I.K.C.

I thought that you could only get it if you attended the I.K.C.

:confused:

Big Pat

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Mr. Lear you are correct. I had at one time a flyer for the IKKA instructors course {1974}. It referred to the wearing of a black gi and instructors patch. Sorry for the misinformation.

EKP RIP

Big Pat:asian:

B

Billy Lear

Originally posted by Big Pat
Mr. Lear you are correct. I had at one time a flyer for the IKKA instructors course {1974}. It referred to the wearing of a black gi and instructors patch. Sorry for the misinformation.

EKP RIP

Big Pat:asian:

Thanks. I didn't think that the instructors were just given the patch to wear without participation at the internationals. Sounded a little weird to me, but hell people are claiming all sorts of exceptions to the ranking proceedure these days, so I was curious. No biggie. Big Pat you're cool. It's not often that someone admits they were wrong on these forums. I applaud you for that. :asian:

Latest Discussions