Has anyone seen "Karate Elvis" ?

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
One of my students just got me "Karate Elvis" for my recent birthday... It comes with a Lighted Stage, IKKA Certification, Breakable board, Dragon Standards to hold the board, TCB {Taking Care of Business} patch, and a moveable "action" arm to do the breaking! here is a site with pics of this specific uniform the he wore: http://www.wbbb.org/elvis/galleryA.htm

I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this unique piece of Kenpo History?

I believe he picked it up off of ebay. http://search.ebay.com/elvis-Karate_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

Attachments

• $ElvisKenpo1sm.JPG.JPG.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 347
  • $ElvisKenpoCertsm.JPG.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 343
  • $Elviscrestonguitar.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 356
  • $elvisbadge.gif
    30.8 KB · Views: 348
  • $parkerelvisjacket.gif
    7 KB · Views: 342

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No, Sir--I haven't seen it before. I'd like to know where they got it, if you don't mind asking--it looks cool! :ultracool

Oss,
Gin-Gin :)

O

Oak Bo

Yes, I have actually. I forgot all about that, thank you for posting that picture.:supcool:
:asian:

G

Gary Crawford

I'll have to look on e-bay for one of those,my Dad is a huge Elvis fan and has a collection of Elvis liquor decantors(one 24 ct gold).

mj-hi-yah

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My instructor is a huge Elvis fan and has it in his office! I love the certificate! It's really cool!!! :supcool:

ikenpo

Black Belt
Reaction score
Goldendragon7 said:
I was just wondering if anyone else had seen this unique piece of Kenpo History?

Yep,

First saw one in C. Dishmon's place on his shelf back when we were training with Mr. Whitson for the long weekend. I think his comment was, "Dude, you gotta have the Karate Elvis"...

jb

cdhall

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, I've seen this. It is several years old which is why they are on eBay now. I could not get one when I first saw and later when I had money they were out of the stores.

My brother-in-law is a huge Elvis fan and I have always liked Elvis.

When I make it to 10th Black, I'm going to wear that Gi myself.
:uhyeah:

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah Mr. Conatser, I own one in mint condition.
No joke.

It's okay.

What's really kinda neat is that the belt certificate in the case is an exact scale replica. You can make out Mr. Parker's signature and everything.
My wife got it on E-bay.

Your Brother
John

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brother John said:
Yeah Mr. Conatser, I own one in mint condition.
No joke. What's really kinda neat is that the belt certificate in the case is an exact scale replica. You can make out Mr. Parker's signature and everything.
Your Brother John
Mine is mint too..... {but I did take off the clear outside packing so I could play with it}! :ultracool

Seig said:
Mr. C gets all the best toys.....
Not always...... but now I am opening up my new I-Pod!:)

:asian:

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great picture, Mr. Green :lol:

I bought my very own "Karate Elvis" from e-Bay yesterday - can't wait to get it next week!!:ultracool

Thank you GoldenDragon, for telling us about it. :asian: :wavey: :karate:

*HUG*
Gin-Gin

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Doug. Those look like nice figures too; plus I dig the "Blue Hawaii" lunchbox! ("Rock-a-hula, rock-rock-a-hula...") :ultracool

Journey

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That's got to be one of funniest things I 've ever seen. I live a sheltered life. I've gotta have one. To ebay I go.

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got my "Karate Elvis" last Tuesday, and it's so cool!! [And yes, I did take it out of the packaging so that I could play with it...;)]

Latest Discussions