Black Belt Definiton

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
at 23:23 he talks about the difference between a BJJ black belt and a Karate black belt.

Doh...a BJJ black belt earnt his doing BJJ and karate black belt earnt his doing karate. why the comparison? Just more style bashing. :rolleyes:

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Either do I. I think I'm going to start a new business making black belts with zero white and any other color anywhere in them. Since you inspired the idea, I'll cut you in. 10%?

The 10% cut is a nice offer but no thanks. I don't see why I would ever need to buy a belt from you. If and when I do earn a BJJ black belt I will be getting it from the school where I train.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Either do I. I think I'm going to start a new business making black belts with zero white and any other color anywhere in them. Since you inspired the idea, I'll cut you in. 10%?

With blue tooth speakers embedded in it to play your walk up music.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 10% cut is a nice offer but no thanks. I don't see why I would ever need to buy a belt from you. If and when I do earn a BJJ black belt I will be getting it from the school where I train.

You missed the point, he was saying he would cut you in for a percentage of the money made from selling the belts. All instructors/clubs/schools buy belts from wholesalers/suppliers/makers so they can present them. When you get your BJJ belt someone has to make it, then buy it in order for it to be presented to you after you earn it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah I hate that to. I get the theory by it but when someone says you only start learning at black belt...it makes no sense because you had to learn the stuff to get the belt.,..a better saying would be you start learning /more/ about the basics as a black belt since when you get it there's not much new material to learn so you can focus the other stuff

Yep, I agree. But it is especially so in the Hapkido I studied. You learn new techniques, and variations and combinations at all belt levels, while keeping proficiency in what has already been learned.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I was saying I'll give you 10% of my sales, not 10% off your belt. But that's ok, you just cut yourself out as a partner :)

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was saying I'll give you 10% of my sales, not 10% off your belt. But that's ok, you just cut yourself out as a partner :)

Well I misunderstood you. But darn, I always love a good investment.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Real teeth would be good for when you are grappling....

In the street, absolutely. Although I would be careful about sinking my teeth into some street thug, who knows what diseases he's got.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the street, absolutely. Although I would be careful about sinking my teeth into some street thug, who knows what diseases he's got.

Oh it wouldn't be my teeth, it would be sharp animal teeth.

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Considering the fact that the belt might be black on the surface but is white underneath I would say that you're right. A black belt is just a white belt that's been dyed black. We're all white belts. Whatever color your belt is on the surface, its white underneath.

TRue dat because when your black belt get old it turns to white