BJJ World Chapionships June 5th-8th!!!

Ybot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Mundials (World Championships) will be this coming weekend (6/5-6/8) at the Pyramid at Long Beach State University in California.

Just wanted to see if anyone from this board will be competing or attending. I'll be competing in the Brown belt Heavy Weight division which will most likely be on Saturday, but might be late on Friday.

Even if you are not competing, I highly recommend attending if you know anything about grappling. The best in the world will be there, and it is a great show. Black belts begin competing on Saturday, but all blackbelt matches quarter finals on are on Sunday, so if you go for one day Sunday would be the one to go. Last year for spectators it was $10 entrance fee for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and $15 for Sunday. IMO a way better deal than going to a UFC. I mean it's all day and all the big names are there either competing or coaching and watching. Oh, and there are no bad seats in the house.

More info:
http://www.ibjjf.org/mundial2008registration.htm

Jai

Black Belt
Reaction score
Good luck Ybot. To bad I'm in the Midwest I would love to attend.

Dagney Taggert

Green Belt
Reaction score
I thought this would be a good time to renew this thread. Who here is competing this year?

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Mundials (World Championships) will be this coming weekend (6/5-6/8) at the Pyramid at Long Beach State University in California.

Just wanted to see if anyone from this board will be competing or attending. I'll be competing in the Brown belt Heavy Weight division which will most likely be on Saturday, but might be late on Friday.

Even if you are not competing, I highly recommend attending if you know anything about grappling. The best in the world will be there, and it is a great show. Black belts begin competing on Saturday, but all blackbelt matches quarter finals on are on Sunday, so if you go for one day Sunday would be the one to go. Last year for spectators it was $10 entrance fee for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, and $15 for Sunday. IMO a way better deal than going to a UFC. I mean it's all day and all the big names are there either competing or coaching and watching. Oh, and there are no bad seats in the house.

More info:
http://www.ibjjf.org/mundial2008registration.htm
I'm going to be there, although I won't be competing this year. I'm planning to compete in both the pan ams and the mundials next year.

I'm flying in Wednesday morning so I can go to the referee training, and then to cheer on my training partners and coach!

Latest Discussions