Billy Mays dead

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow, I never knew he was from Da Burgh. Local boy makes good! I'm from there too, but a different neighborhood.

It sounds like he led a charmed life, seeded by lots of hard work. We should all do so well. Good for him, and I hope the media gives his family a break. They have much bigger things to chase right now anyway.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
1. David Carradine
2. Ed McMahon
3. Farah Fawcett
4. Michael Jackson
5. Billy Mays

But the damn Sham Wow guy is still alive...where is the justice?

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jokes aside Mays was a unique celebrity in that within a very short period of time he became a household name with his dynamic personality and enthusiastic sales pitches for cheesy or not that bad products to make our lives easier or better for $19.99.
I mean how many other pitchmen had their own tv show?
He was fun to watch and made whatever he was selling actually got you interested in contemplating buying it.

Hundreds of inventors owe Billy Mays (and his counterpart) a lot for at least bringing their "dream" one step closer to reality.

It's a loss, and I for one will miss his commercials... they were at least fun to watch.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm definitely not famous, or I probably wouldn't be here. Just kidding!

But man, I'm getting ready to start checking the obituaries everyday and make sure my name's not in there geez.

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Jokes aside Mays was a unique celebrity in that within a very short period of time he became a household name with his dynamic personality and enthusiastic sales pitches for cheesy or not that bad products to make our lives easier or better for $19.99.
I mean how many other pitchmen had their own tv show?
He was fun to watch and made whatever he was selling actually got you interested in contemplating buying it.

Hundreds of inventors owe Billy Mays (and his counterpart) a lot for at least bringing their "dream" one step closer to reality.

It's a loss, and I for one will miss his commercials... they were at least fun to watch.

Billy Mays was great. :asian:

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
QFT. That is one creepy, creepy dude. Even the look on his face shouts "might **** in your Cheerios." He makes me want to get a Slap Chop...for self defense.

"Slap Chop?" Isn't that what he did to that hooker?:lol:

Creepy doesn't even cover it all....:rolleyes:

Too bad about Billy Mays-sounds like he was a good guy. Won't miss his commercials too much, though I do have a lot of fun imitating them.....BILLY MAYS HERE with the amazing Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. :lol:

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I don't blame Billy Mays for this, but the volume on his commercials was turned up so high that it BLASTED out of my TV at a painful level. I was quick with the remote 'mute' button. Sorry, Billy, but the guys at the networks just had to make your infomercials as obnoxious as possible.

RIP, Mr. Mays.

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
"Slap Chop?" Isn't that what he did to that hooker?:lol:

Creepy doesn't even cover it all....:rolleyes:

Too bad about Billy Mays-sounds like he was a good guy. Won't miss his commercials too much, though I do have a lot of fun imitating them.....BILLY MAYS HERE with the amazing Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator. :lol:

ROFL...I'm almost ashamed for laughing at the "slap-chop" comment...almost.

You can't immitate Billy Mays without the over-exaggerated hand gestures as well. You got to have them along with the booming voice.

RIP, Bill Mays: a 21st Century Icon.

Amazon

Green Belt
Reaction score
1. David Carradine
2. Ed McMahon
3. Farah Fawcett
4. Michael Jackson
5. Billy Mays

But the damn Sham Wow guy is still alive...where is the justice?

If they go in threes, should we then be expecting a #6 sometime soon...?

QFT. That is one creepy, creepy dude. Even the look on his face shouts "might **** in your Cheerios." He makes me want to get a Slap Chop...for self defense.

Careful - you know the Slap Chop is on my Christmas list... :boing2:

Skippy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
My question is ... Why start a thread about Billy Mays? I mean who cares about this guy passing? No big loss.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
My question is ... Why start a thread about Billy Mays? I mean who cares about this guy passing? No big loss.

Well I'm sure his friends and family care.
BUT if what you say is really true, why are you restarting a thread that hasn't been touched in half a year??

Skippy

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Actually didn't start this thread. Just found it a bit odd of a topic to be on of all things a martial arts board. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen this is not a site for sales???

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually didn't start this thread. Just found it a bit odd of a topic to be on of all things a martial arts board. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I've seen this is not a site for sales???
We recognize that people will talk about stuff other than martial arts; this board is truly a community. Many of us have met in real life, shared information about families... and just real kewl stuff. For that reason, we have various places to post stuff like politics in The Study, or The Game Room for the purely silly forum game stuff... Or The Urusai Bar & Grill where we're hanging out now, whose description reads:
Stop in, pull up a stool and say hello. This is the place to kick back, relax, catch up on whats new with everyone, and just chat.

None of this is really a referral to the late Mr. Mays's sale sites; it's a thread discussing his death.
Free peanuts, and the first drinks always on the house.

Latest Discussions