Glastonbury 2009 A Helluva Party

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glastonbury 2009

Over the weekend, approximately 190,000 people made their way to Worthy Farm in western England to attend the 2009 Glastonbury Festival. Attendees came to see performances at what is billed as "Europe's largest open-air music festival" on many stages over four days - headliners included Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, and a reunited Blur.

Remarkable photographs of the event here: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/06/glastonbury_2009.html

Wouldn't mind attending one of those one of these days. Did any of our MT members from across the Pond make it there??

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't do open-air festivals. Too much mud, too many drugs, too much theft ...

... even when I was a biker, I spelled such camping events H - O - T - E - L.

I don't mind camping, just not in a field of slurry amidst a horde of other humans I don't know.

Oh and the music at Glastonbury tends to be abysmal too - "Blur" for crying out loud!

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
As God is my witness, my first thought when I saw these was "Quidditch World Cup" and lo and behold, the comment at the top (#35) said the same thing. Looks like a nice time, but I don't do open-air festivals either. Cory's Law states that "any sufficiently large gathering of people is one drink away from becoming a riot."

Latest Discussions